We Are The Freaks

"The strength of We Are the Freaks is that it never feels like a cookie-cutter teen movie. It is, as the title suggests, an oddity"
‑ Catherine Bray, Time Out
"This tame and tonally chaotic Brit coming-of-ager comes with added smug sense of humour."
‑ Adam Woodward, Little White Lies
"As so depressingly often with indie Britfilms, this is a script that wouldn't pass muster for any British TV series."
‑ Peter Bradshaw, Guardian
"Edgar's script allows ample room for his young stars to exert their considerable goofball charisma."
‑ Guy Lodge, Variety
"[We get] the nagging feeling that the film-makers, like their protagonists, aren't at all sure where they are going or why."
‑ Geoffrey Macnab, Independent
"Mohawked rich kid Chunks (Sean Teale) is alone in leaving an impression, though only by being the most obnoxious one."
‑ Neil Smith, Total Film
"This offbeat British drama shows real promise for new filmmaker Justin Edgar, although his relentlessly gimmicky filmmaking style is so attention-grabbing that it makes it nearly impossible to engage with the story or characters."
‑ Rich Cline, Contactmusic.com
"Falling between a satirical social commentary and a full on teen comedy caper - Justin Edgar's We Are The Freaks is chaotic yet maintains a genial spirit and distinct watchability."
‑ Stefan Pape, HeyUGuys