We Live in Public
About the Internet's revolutionary impact on human interaction as told through the eyes and artwork of maverick web pioneer, Josh Harris.

"Josh Harris focuses the lens on himself. You probably have never heard of him. And when the film is over, you may wish you still hadn't."
‑ Michael O'Sullivan, Washington Post
"This is a remarkable film about a strange and prophetic man. What does it tell us? Did living a virtual life destroy him?"
"...an almost disastrously uneven effort that might've been passable as a short but simply doesn't work as a full-length feature."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"A disturbing perspective on what the digital age has done to our individual perceptions of ourselves, but a fascinating study of a man on a mission...or two..."
‑ David Parkinson, Empire Magazine
"[Timoner's] film - cobbled together over 15 years - has grown so beguiled by its wonky, disquieting hero that it has lost its distance and mislaid all scepticism."
‑ Xan Brooks, Guardian
"The big question is whether we're now living in a more pragmatic time."
‑ Dave Calhoun, Time Out
"Midway through We Live in Public, one Quiet participant delivers the hard social lesson of cyberspace: "The more you get to know everyone, the more alone you become.""
‑ Ty Burr, Boston Globe
"There's insight galore amidst this screwball tale, and many a profound implication for the lives we lead today."
‑ Mike Edwards, What Culture
"A fascinating documentary about a life lived on the cutting edge of technology, and the definitive film about the net's own coming-of-age."
‑ Jon Fortgang, Film4
"What Timoner has done for sure is assemble another documentary of monumental scope. She has a priceless knack for being in the right place at the right time, allied to a filmmaker's instinct for narrative, and a journalistic tenacity."
‑ Matt Bochenski, Little White Lies
"We Live in Public is the kind of nonfiction film that seems to have been conceived to prove that truth is stranger than almost any fiction..."
‑ John Hartl, Seattle Times
"Harris, who appears throughout in interview footage, is an interesting mix -- someone with a serious inability to connect with other people and yet at the same time someone with a consistent ability to see the future."
‑ Mick LaSalle, San Francisco Chronicle
"You might not welcome the Panopticon with such open arms, but you can't dispute the fact that Harris saw it all coming long before most people did."
‑ Christopher Long, Movie Metropolis
"Mercifully, Harris has now run out of money, but I fear we haven't heard the last of him."
‑ Toby Young, Times [UK]
"The director - who has documented Harris's activities for more than a decade - seems unaware of the irony inherent in making a documentary about a pathological exhibitionist."
‑ Adam Smith, Radio Times