We Need to Talk About Kevin
A suspenseful and gripping psychological thriller, Lynne Ramsay's We Need to Talk About Kevin explores the factious relationship between a mother and her son. Tilda Swinton, in a bracing, tour-de-force performance, plays the mother, Eva, as she contends for 15 years with the increasing malevolence of her first-born child, Kevin (Ezra Miller). Based on the best-selling novel of the same name, We Need to Talk About Kevin explores nature vs. nurture on a whole new level as Eva's own culpability is measured against Kevin's innate evilness. -- (C) Oscilloscope

"It becomes a film about her [Swinton] scattered mind. That produces wonders from Swinton, but it ignores the plea in the title. What about Kevin? Kevin deserves so much more attention-indeed, he deserves being played by Tilda Swinton."
‑ David Thomson, The New Republic
"Director Ramsay makes Kevin's impact all the more felt by coming at it from all angles."
‑ Tom Long, Detroit News
"As a psychological study of a shattered mother struggling to make sense of a heinous crime carried out by her teenage son, it's endlessly fascinating."
‑ Al Alexander, The Patriot Ledger
"It may not be a crowd-pleaser, but it's not every day we get an emotional powerhouse of a film done this well."
‑ Jeff Beck, Examiner.com
"There's an infinitely more impactful movie to be made that deals with the same subject but doesn't take things to an unrealistic extreme. A son that's not the very spawn of the devil is a solid place to start."
‑ Erick Weber, NECN
"Fragmented, dreamlike, a whir of memories and misery, We Need to Talk About Kevin is unsettling, but also somehow unnecessary."
‑ Steven Rea, Philadelphia Inquirer
"It's a hallmark of "Kevin's" emotional bravery and intellectual honesty that the questions haunt us long after the end credits roll."
‑ Colin Covert, Minneapolis Star Tribune
"A high school killing spree leads to a captivating examination of parenthood and the 'nature vs nurture' debate."
‑ Tom Glasson, Concrete Playground
"We Need To Talk About Kevin is a brooding, unnerving but wholly rewarding film."
‑ Will Chadwick, We Got This Covered
"One of the most chilling films of 2011"
‑ Kevin Carr, 7M Pictures
""We Need to Talk About Kevin" is confrontational cinema that will leave you speechless."
‑ Joe Williams, St. Louis Post-Dispatch
"Some movies punish you, but you take it because you're getting something out of the bargain: an insight, a performance, art, adrenaline. Then there are the movies that punish you for the heck of it."
‑ Ty Burr, Boston Globe
"A real-world horror movie -- for parents."
‑ Roger Moore, McClatchy-Tribune News Service
"It would be easy to say that the film would be nothing without Tilda Swinton. It wouldn't, but the narrative is quite engaging and Swinton's isn't the only terrific performance."
‑ Wesley Lovell, Cinema Sight
"The best horror penetrates beyond external vibe to internal thought-process and the film never truly takes us within the mother's head."
‑ Dan Jardine, Cinemania