We're The Millers
David Burke (Jason Sudeikis) is a small-time pot dealer whose clientele includes chefs and soccer moms, but no kids-after all, he has his scruples. So what could go wrong? Plenty. Preferring to keep a low profile for obvious reasons, he learns the hard way that no good deed goes unpunished when he tries to help out some local teens and winds up getting jumped by a trio of gutter punks. Stealing his stash and his cash, they leave him in major debt to his supplier, Brad (Ed Helms). In order to wipe the slate clean-and maintain a clean bill of health-David must now become a big-time drug smuggler… More

"With jokes cloned from bad taste movies and off-kids-telly villains, it doesn't even qualify for dumb fun."
‑ Cath Clarke, Time Out
"Though incredibly predictable from start to finish, "We're the Millers" did make me laugh."
‑ Kara Nesvig, Minneapolis Star Tribune
"A great movie it isn't, but it's one hell of a funny excursion."
‑ Wesley Lovell, Cinema Sight
"Lazily agreeable, harmlessly vulgar..."
‑ John Beifuss, Commercial Appeal (Memphis, TN)
"...a promising comedy that ultimately succumbs to the worst and most needless conventions that Hollywood has to offer."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"Stays mean and maintains a bit of an edge even when it threatens to go all soft and gooey."
‑ Christy Lemire, ChristyLemire.com
"'We're the Millers' clicks on just enough cylinders to warrant a recommendation."
‑ Richard Roeper, Richard Roeper.com
"At one point Aniston does a strip tease to create a diversion, presumably from her own heart of gold."
‑ Jonathan Kiefer, SF Weekly
"More like We're the Fillers. Despite having a half-decent premise, this generic American comedy squanders every single one of its comedic opportunities."
‑ Adam Ross, The Aristocrat
"Then there's the idea of the primped and plastic Aniston playing a stripper, perhaps the least realistic portrayal of a sex worker since Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman.""
‑ Sean Means, Salt Lake Tribune
"It boils down to the idea that men and women alike yearn for what they don't have, and that making your way through life is about seizing the bizarre opportunities it thrusts at you."
‑ Andrew O'Hehir, Salon.com
"a movie written by a committee, too long, but the cast carries it a long way, these mild virtues don't quite add up to a recommendation, but if you said you wanted to see it I wouldn't block the door."
‑ Mick LaSalle, San Francisco Chronicle
"The movie's lingering close-ups on yearning faces and heart-to-heart conversations force the fake Millers into real familial longing that's more bogus than the family itself."
‑ Wesley Morris, Grantland
"Naturally, there are roadblocks galore -- but the breezy film stays one mile ahead in terms of plot and punch lines"
‑ Mara Reinstein, Us Weekly
"While We're The Millers is far from a superior comedy, it's also funnier and more enjoyable than you're probably expecting."
‑ Stephen Carty, Flix Capacitor