What the Bleep Do We Know!?
Part narrative, part documentary, and part animation, What the #$*! Do We Know?! was filmed with the intent of expressing the neurological processes and so called "quantum uncertainty" of life. With the help of a directorial triumvirate consisting of Betsy Chasse, William Arntz, and Mark Vicente, Marlee Matlin stars as Amanda, whose uninspired daily routine is abruptly altered into a chaotic, Alice in Wonderland-style reality, complete with quirky characters and wildly different perspectives on life. As Amanda falls deeper into the experience, she's forced to drastically… More

Buy SD $9.99 Rent SD $3.99
- -
Subscription
Stream Now

"Shot and acted with all the skill of a late-night infomercial."
‑ Rene Rodriguez, Miami Herald
"A pretty good documentary."
‑ Rick Groen, Globe and Mail
"This documentary will either be a life-changing experience, or it'll drive you nuts with its new-agey tone."
‑ Rich Cline, Shadows on the Wall
"Ainda que interessante em sua metade inicial, quando fascina pela ausência de respostas, acaba desmoronando ao tornar-se um previsível manual de auto-ajuda."
‑ Pablo Villaca, Cinema em Cena
"Tries to meld quantum physics with pop philosophy using a bunch of talking heads spliced in with a mediocre narrative."
‑ Robert Roten, Laramie Movie Scope
"As an entryway into new ways of thinking about the self, the universe, and the vast infinite whatnot of whatever (you know what we mean, oh wise one), this little movie is big."
‑ Steven Rea, Philadelphia Inquirer
"Sometimes What the #$*! Do We Know!? has the corny, ham-handed feel of an old 16mm educational movie, but I'm not sure how intentional this is."
‑ John Monaghan, Detroit Free Press
"Lumbering docudrama."
"...a clumsy hybrid of romantic comedy and New Age infomercial that plays like the weirdest driver's education film you've ever seen."
‑ Philip Martin, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
"If positive thinking results in computer-animated body cells farting or singing Robert Palmer, our chi, mojo, or whatever has miles to go toward self-actualization."
‑ Nick Rogers, State Journal-Register (Springfield, IL)
"The film with the year's most unfortunate title also happens to be a candidate for the year's worst film."
‑ Peter Howell, Toronto Star
"Though it does influence some spirituality sneakily, and can be pretty ridiculous, it's still a fascinating account of free thinking."
"There are two minor problems with What the #$*!: it's bad science and it's a bad movie."
‑ David Cornelius, eFilmCritic.com
"A highly enjoyable, brain teasing elucidation of quantum physics and theory"
‑ Fr. Chris Carpenter, Catholic Sun
"Movies are a visual medium, and not even four dimensions of Ph.D.s are going to change that. Not in this lifetime, anyway."
‑ Anthony Del Valle, Las Vegas Mercury