Where Do We Go Now?
Set in a remote village where the church and the mosque stand side by side, Where Do We Go Now? follows the antics of the town's women to keep their blowhard men from starting a religious war. Women heartsick over sons, husbands and fathers lost to previous flare-ups unite to distract their men with clever ruses, from faking a miracle to hiring a troop of Ukrainian strippers. -- (C) Sony Pictures Classics

Showtimes near

No showtimes available near this location for this date

"This spirited troupe of women ... makes us citizens of the village, invested in their joys and fears. We grieve with them, under that burning sun, and hope with them for a lasting peace."
‑ Moira MacDonald, Seattle Times
"This is energetic, bursting with sincerity, yet also frustrating and disappointing."
‑ Trevor Johnston, Time Out
"Drugs, exotic dancers, dodgy deities. This certainly isn't your usual po-faced, worthy Middle Eastern tale."
‑ James Croot, Flicks.co.nz
"It's a "what if" story that's hopeful but doesn't ring true."
‑ Marjorie Baumgarten, Austin Chronicle
"Sometimes [Labaki] bites off more than she can chew, and the story's anti-war themes turn as heavy-handed and ponderous as the title question suggests."
‑ Sean Means, Salt Lake Tribune
""Where Do We Go Now?" is more interesting than satisfying."
‑ Tom Long, Detroit News
"It is, at times, a charming reprieve from the usually dour cinematic explorations of Middle Eastern conflicts."
‑ Barbara VanDenburgh, Arizona Republic
"Part religiopolitical satire, part smalltown sitcom, with a hint of romance, Where Do We Go Now? is pleasingly populated with "characters" and light farce that occasionally breaks out into a movie musical."
‑ Peter Canavese, Groucho Reviews
"The movie is set in a remote Lebanese village, but it's all over the map in terms of content and style. The elements never cohere, resulting in a film more admirable for its pacifist yearnings than for its execution."
‑ John Beifuss, Commercial Appeal (Memphis, TN)
"Although the tone is often lighthearted, the subject matter between Christians and Muslims is more profound."
‑ Graham Young, Birmingham Post
"With elements of a musical, a melodrama and a multicultural romance, "Where Do We Go Now?" is as hard to define as the crossroads region where it's set."
‑ Joe Williams, St. Louis Post-Dispatch
"Labaki never claimed to be NoŽl Coward, but the facile comedy leads to a dilution of the message she strives so strenuously to make."
‑ John Anderson, Newsday
"... a mess, but a cheerful one."
‑ Philip Martin, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
"Even the title holds a surprise."
‑ Lawrence Toppman, Charlotte Observer
"Labaki's use of abrupt tonal shifts can be jarring, but her narrative is ambitious and anything but typical."
‑ Stan Hall, Oregonian