Wild Grass (Les Herbes Folles)
A wallet lost and found opens the door -- slightly -- to Georges and Marguerite's romantic adventure. After examining the ID of its owner, it is not a simple matter for Georges to turn in to the police the red wallet he has found. Nor can Marguerite retrieve her wallet without being piqued with curiosity about the person who found it. As George and Marguerite navigate the social protocols of giving and acknowledging thanks, turbulence enters their everyday lives.

"Alain Resnais keeps sprouting marvelous artistic herbage at an age when most of his contemporaries are pushing up grass from a different perspective."
‑ Jonathan F. Richards, Film.com
"Wild Grass might be the strangest film I've seen all year. Maybe all millennium. Is it any good? Quite frankly, I have no idea."
‑ Michael O'Sullivan, Washington Post
"A confounding psychodrama that made me laugh in the scenes that were meant to be serious and remain mute in the scenes that were meant to be amusing."
"Director Alain Resnais? roundabout romance about missed connections and misplaced intentions is gorgeous to watch but difficult to track."
‑ Sean Means, Salt Lake Tribune
"Wild Grass is the vision of Alain Resnais. He suggests that anything can happen in movies. Or in our imaginations."
‑ Tony Macklin, tonymacklin.net
"At age 88, Resnais hasn't lost his capacity to confound."
‑ Joe Williams, St. Louis Post-Dispatch
"Along with such fantasy elements as rich, primary colors and an ending that suggests we've jumped to some other cinematic dimension, Wild Grass, like compulsive filmmaking, embraces the intensity of subjective experience..."
‑ Tom Keogh, Seattle Times
"Resnais is having fun here, possibly at the expense of audiences who demand tradition."
‑ Jeffrey Chen, ReelTalk Movie Reviews
"I recognize the Resnais I love in this movie, poking through here and there, a fumble-fingered god experimenting with his creation: a wobbly, lopsided world warmed by its maker's affection."
‑ Philip Martin, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
"Resnais' funky, frothy bonbon of a film is nevertheless a breathtaking sight to see."
‑ Marc Savlov, Austin Chronicle
"What can you say: The French sure know how to make pretty pictures."
‑ Kerry Lengel, Arizona Republic
"At 88, the legendary French director Alain Resnais has earned the right to make whatever movie he wants, even a smug deconstructionist parlor game like Wild Grass. Thankfully, this doesn't require you to watch it."
‑ Ty Burr, Boston Globe
"... a delightful reminder of the romantic streak and cinematic whimsy still in this 88-year-old cinema elder."
‑ Sean Axmaker, Seanax.com
"Wild Grass is about the randomness of life, and how the meaning behind arbitrary events is incomprehensible and opaque. This also describes what the experience of watching the film is like."
‑ Christopher Lloyd, Sarasota Herald-Tribune
"Wild Grass is nearly the same movie as Amelie, only minus the charm and the appeal."
‑ Jeff Vice, Deseret News, Salt Lake City