Winged Migration
Winged Migration (2003)

A series of journeys around the world with migratory birds. As the seasons and the climates change, we follow different birds through an assortment of beautiful countries and locales.

Rated: G

Buy HD $13.99 -
Buy HD $13.99 -
- -

Critic Score: 96% Rotten Tomatoes™ Critic Reviews

Consensus: A marvel to watch.

Jay Boyar
Orlando Sentinel

After seeing these natural wonders, the elaborate special effects of such films as The Hulk and The Matrix Reloaded will seem like cheap parlor tricks.

John Pancake
Washington Post

A film that will leave you dreaming about what it would be like to step off the edge of the world and discover you could fly.

Nell Minow
Common Sense Media

As pretty and light as a feather on the wind.

Richard Nilsen
Arizona Republic

The photography is radiant.

Houston Chronicle

A life-affirming story that's enthralling, inspiring and poignant.

Ryan Cracknell
Movie Views

Jacques Perrin's spectacular documentary takes observation a step further as he literally seems to take flight with flocks of birds as they make their annual migration.

Desson Thomson
Washington Post

Flight as sheer freedom couldn't be better demonstrated.

Moira MacDonald
Seattle Times

It's a beautiful and oddly restful experience.

Jamie Gillies
Apollo Guide

Filmed with exceptional care and remarkable photographic ingenuity, no other nature documentary is as personal and as close-up as this one to the peculiarities of birds.

More reviews for Winged Migration

Flixster Audience Score: 86% Flixster User Reviews
Megan S
I liked the birds that ran on the surface of the water the best, they were so funny.
Michael Gildea
The photography is amazing but it gets a little old after the first hour. The documentary on the DVD is almost more interesting. Definitely worth seeing at… More
_kelly .King
This may be a 5, but it's been since the film's release that I've seen it, so I want to give it another view.
John Ballantine
Winged Migration works because words are kept out of it. Rather than having a mind numbing narration that doesn't really add to the drama, we just have the… More
Bruce Bruce
The Scenes in this are unbeleiveable. I have seen Mallard Ducks for years but never noticed how flat they are when they fly. You fly with the birds, you will… More
a b
This is beautiful, but it was absolutely ruined for me when I learned that they raised the birds from birth to flock around humans and their hang-glider. Lame.