Winter's Tale
Set in a mythic New York City and spanning more than a century, "Winter's Tale" is a story of miracles, crossed destinies, and the age-old battle between good and evil. The film stars Colin Farrell ("Total Recall"), Jessica Brown Findlay (TV's "Downton Abbey"), and Oscar (R) winners Jennifer Connelly ("A Beautiful Mind"), William Hurt ("Kiss of the Spider Woman"), Eva Marie Saint ("On the Waterfront") and Russell Crowe ("Gladiator"). "Winter's Tale" also introduces young newcomers Ripley Sobo and… More

"On a purely narrative level, Winter's Tale missteps early and often. Its earnestness is its downfall, resulting in opportunities for unintentional humor."
‑ James Berardinelli, ReelViews
"If only there was less mush and more meat in this stew."
‑ Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor
"Exquisitely awful. I was reminded of M. Night Shyamalan's Lady in the Water, in that both are attempts at building a magical fantasy world by someone who has no clue whatsoever how to go about the task."
‑ Mike McGranaghan, Aisle Seat
"One can only hope this story works a lot better on page than on screen."
‑ Amon Warmann, HeyUGuys
"A fine book fights gallantly to escape from its straitjacket, but eventually lies down and allows itself to be trampled underfoot by bad ideas."
‑ Donald Clarke, Irish Times
"We never come to understand the magic that keeps Farrell looking like a member of My Chemical Romance for 10 decades. We never know why consumption makes women sexy."
‑ Wesley Morris, Grantland
"Winter's Tale is preposterous twaddle. Use it as a date movie only if you don't love the one you're with."
‑ Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
"This is an adaptation that simply doesn't have much of anything that is engaging about it, leading to two hours that end up being more of a slog than the celebration of life and love it should have been."
‑ Jeff Beck, Examiner.com
"Unashamedly romantic, it is perhaps a little too convoluted to appeal to the most devoted audience for unashamed romance, the teenage girl."
‑ Aine O'Connor, Irish Independent
"Fails with such absolute sincerity that pointing out its incompetence feels mean-spirited."
‑ Emma Dibdin, Total Film
"It's so filled with high-flown blather about love, destiny and miracles that there's no room for enchantment."
‑ Michael Sragow, Orange County Register
"It might all make more sense to fans of the book. But you shouldn't have to have read the book to be able to see and enjoy the movie."
‑ Jocelyn Noveck, Associated Press
""What the hell did I just see?" That was my first comment to the studio representative after I screened "Winter's Tale." Allow me to save you two hours. of your life:"
‑ Michael A. Smith, MediaMikes
"...quite striking and engrossing..."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"For all of its lofty ambitions, A New York Winter's Tale emerges as a hugely disappointing experience."
‑ Rob Carnevale, The List