Wish I Was Here

Showtimes near

No showtimes available near this location for this date

"Wish I Was Here's philosophical scope never gets much bigger than the slip of paper inside a fortune cookie."
‑ Ian Buckwalter, NPR
"Braff plays Aidan with easygoing exasperation and Hudson is better than I've seen her since Almost Famous."
‑ Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor
"The personal awakening story is enjoyable and self-deprecatingly honest ..."
‑ Damon Wise, Radio Times
"There's a charm to this piece, though it's an underwhelming, self-indulgent sophomore endeavour for Zach Braff."
‑ Jon Lyus, HeyUGuys
"A mildly engaging watch even if you wish you probably weren't there."
‑ Tim Evans, Sky Movies
"It is sometimes maudlin, sometimes trivial and sometimes very moving, but never less than achingly sincere."
‑ Andrew O'Hehir, Salon.com
"Wish I Was Here is a funny, touching movie that features one of Kate Hudson's best performances and a curmudgeonly good one from Mandy Patinkin."
‑ G. Allen Johnson, San Francisco Chronicle
"Underneath its mawkish layers -- and there's a few to unpack -- Wish I Was Here is an honest, funny, and touching attempt by Braff to tackle serious and relatable themes."
‑ Cara Nash, FILMINK (Australia)
"All the cute scenes and montages, leading inexorably to redemption and reconciliation, could have been generated by screenwriting software."
‑ Peter Bradshaw, Guardian
"It may be entertaining, but Wish I Was Here is far less profound than it thinks it is."
‑ Anna Smith, Daily Telegraph
"The fruits of writer-director Zach Braff's Kickstarter are here for the general public, and they're at once vibrantly weird, beautiful and thoughtful."
‑ Sean Fitz-Gerald, Denver Post
""Wish I Was Here" is a welcome, if belated, second chapter in a filmmaker's career. I just hope we don't have to wait another 10 years to see what he thinks about life as a forty-something ..."
‑ Stephen Whitty, Newark Star-Ledger
"While it overreaches itself at times, it's a warm, engaging and winningly sincere comic drama."
‑ Paul Whittington, Irish Independent
"Decidedly ineffectual."
‑ Adam Woodward, Little White Lies
"I still hold a soft spot for Garden State, and I like Braff as both an on-screen performer and a filmmaker. As a director, he has a keen eye; it just failed him horribly here."
‑ Lee Zachariah, Concrete Playground