Wish I Was Here

Showtimes near

No showtimes available near this location for this date

"Wish I Was Here's philosophical scope never gets much bigger than the slip of paper inside a fortune cookie."
‑ Ian Buckwalter, NPR
"Braff plays Aidan with easygoing exasperation and Hudson is better than I've seen her since Almost Famous."
‑ Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor
"I still hold a soft spot for Garden State, and I like Braff as both an on-screen performer and a filmmaker. As a director, he has a keen eye; it just failed him horribly here."
‑ Lee Zachariah, Concrete Playground
"Up-and-comer Joey King is the only bright spot as Aidan's teenage daughter Grace who is fanatically committed to her Orthodox faith, arguably in the absence of strong parental guidance."
‑ Stella Papamichael, Digital Spy
"Zach Braff's follow-up to Garden State shines most when it deals with two sons' relationship with their dying father."
‑ Mal Vincent, The Virginian-Pilot
"It is sometimes maudlin, sometimes trivial and sometimes very moving, but never less than achingly sincere."
‑ Andrew O'Hehir, Salon.com
"Wish I Was Here is a funny, touching movie that features one of Kate Hudson's best performances and a curmudgeonly good one from Mandy Patinkin."
‑ G. Allen Johnson, San Francisco Chronicle
"Lacking - perhaps deliberately - its predecessor's hipster edge, WIWH functions as a grown-up weepie, following Aidan on a journey of enlightenment."
‑ James Mottram, Total Film
"Lashed together with bands of humour.... is a darkish parcel of stumbling humanity in search of answers we all seek - like the meaning of life"
‑ Andrew L. Urban, Urban Cinefile
"An intensely intimate look at life, death and what falls in between, Zach Braff's 'Wish I Was Here' is a touching, realistic look at a family in crisis."
‑ Linda Cook, Quad City Times (Davenport, IA)
"The fruits of writer-director Zach Braff's Kickstarter are here for the general public, and they're at once vibrantly weird, beautiful and thoughtful."
‑ Sean Fitz-Gerald, Denver Post
""Wish I Was Here" is a welcome, if belated, second chapter in a filmmaker's career. I just hope we don't have to wait another 10 years to see what he thinks about life as a forty-something ..."
‑ Stephen Whitty, Newark Star-Ledger
"Despite laudably aiming for originality much of Braff's second film plays out as self-pitying Hollywood schmaltz."
‑ Eddie Harrison, The List
"Witty, zippy dialogue coupled by tangible situations and honest reactions mesh sweetly to create a dense and meaningful film, replete with all the ups and downs that life can dish out and to which we can relate so intimately"
‑ Louise Keller, Urban Cinefile
"This is deep, wonderful stuff and is the year's best feel-good movie."
‑ Gary Wolcott, Tri-City Herald