Wish I Was Here

"Wish I Was Here's philosophical scope never gets much bigger than the slip of paper inside a fortune cookie."
‑ Ian Buckwalter, NPR
"Braff plays Aidan with easygoing exasperation and Hudson is better than I've seen her since Almost Famous."
‑ Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor
"Zach Braff's second effort is a tricky one to value."
‑ Liam Maguren, Flicks.co.nz
"Zach Braff's quality sequel to his quarter-life crisis gem Garden State."
‑ Jim Schembri, 3AW
"It sounds awful, but it's actually quite likable in an indulgent indie-spirited way, skipping breezily through laughter and tears in largely inoffensive fashion."
‑ Mark Kermode, Observer [UK]
"It is sometimes maudlin, sometimes trivial and sometimes very moving, but never less than achingly sincere."
‑ Andrew O'Hehir, Salon.com
"Wish I Was Here is a funny, touching movie that features one of Kate Hudson's best performances and a curmudgeonly good one from Mandy Patinkin."
‑ G. Allen Johnson, San Francisco Chronicle
"Since the adorable, simple Garden State, Braff's ambitions as a filmmaker have grown. He's reaching for answers to really big questions, but they are, just slightly, beyond his grasp."
‑ Olly Richards, Empire Magazine
"The movie is life-like, which is one of the highest compliments."
‑ Paul Byrnes, Sydney Morning Herald
"Why are dying people so bloody selfish? What about poor Zach and his broken dreams?"
‑ Donald Clarke, Irish Times
"The fruits of writer-director Zach Braff's Kickstarter are here for the general public, and they're at once vibrantly weird, beautiful and thoughtful."
‑ Sean Fitz-Gerald, Denver Post
""Wish I Was Here" is a welcome, if belated, second chapter in a filmmaker's career. I just hope we don't have to wait another 10 years to see what he thinks about life as a forty-something ..."
‑ Stephen Whitty, Newark Star-Ledger
"As Aidan, Graff combines depth of insight with an endearing naivety, and the rest of the cast could hardly be better."
‑ Evan Williams, The Australian
"From a guy in his 20s this kind of sappy feel-good pap seemed at least kind of appropriate... From the same guy ten years later it just feels false."
‑ Anthony Morris, The Vine
"The personal awakening story is enjoyable and self-deprecatingly honest ..."
‑ Damon Wise, Radio Times