Wish I Was Here
Director Zach Braff's follow-up to his indie breakout hit "Garden State" tells the story of a thirtysomething man who finds himself at major crossroads, which forces him to examine his life, his career, and his family. (c) Focus

"Wish I Was Here's philosophical scope never gets much bigger than the slip of paper inside a fortune cookie."
‑ Ian Buckwalter, NPR
"Braff plays Aidan with easygoing exasperation and Hudson is better than I've seen her since Almost Famous."
‑ Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor
"Wish I Was Here is a confident, funny and heartfelt tragicomedy that, although not without its blemishes, proves Braff is more than just a one-hit wonder."
‑ Jason Zingale, Bullz-Eye.com
"There's whimsy that could have landed on the cutting room floor. Braff would realize that, if he were cranking out reflective melodramas like this once every other year, instead of once every other decade."
‑ Sean O'Connell, CinemaBlend.com
"Zach Braff's sophomore feature, is either wildly self-indulgent or genuine and heartfelt, and certainly both, and that's okay."
‑ Burl Burlingame, Honolulu Star-Advertiser
"It is sometimes maudlin, sometimes trivial and sometimes very moving, but never less than achingly sincere."
‑ Andrew O'Hehir, Salon.com
"Wish I Was Here is a funny, touching movie that features one of Kate Hudson's best performances and a curmudgeonly good one from Mandy Patinkin."
‑ G. Allen Johnson, San Francisco Chronicle
"A few inspired moments make up for a lot of missteps along the way."
‑ Nell Minow, Beliefnet
"It wants so badly to be profound, and while it is extremely touching and moving on some levels, on others it misfires completely."
‑ Jeanne Kaplan, Kaplan vs. Kaplan
"The bewildering Wish I Was Here falters in between its moments of pure excellence. A well-made film by a talented individual settles for being a compelling adventure that falls short of crossing that finish line into absolute greatness."
‑ Chris Sawin, Examiner.com
"The fruits of writer-director Zach Braff's Kickstarter are here for the general public, and they're at once vibrantly weird, beautiful and thoughtful."
‑ Sean Fitz-Gerald, Denver Post
""Wish I Was Here" is a welcome, if belated, second chapter in a filmmaker's career. I just hope we don't have to wait another 10 years to see what he thinks about life as a forty-something ..."
‑ Stephen Whitty, Newark Star-Ledger
"...engrossing, heartfelt..."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"Despite feeling bloated at times, Wish I was Here still works, and makes a nice change of pace from the comic book movies packing cinemas this summer."
‑ Scott Nash, Three Movie Buffs
"Zach Braff's film, 'Wish I Was Here,' never quite gels, veering wildly from strident, sitcom-style humor to genuine pathos.."
‑ Leonard Maltin, Leonard Maltin's Picks