X-Men Origins - Wolverine
The gruff, adamantium-clawed Marvel superhero Wolverine strikes out on his own in this X-Men spin-off starring series regular Hugh Jackman. The story gets under way as the boy who will become Wolverine makes a shocking discovery about his family bloodline, and gains a brother in the process. Flash forward to find the mutant siblings battling side by side through two world wars and Vietnam -- where they are sentenced to death for killing a commanding officer -- and Logan (Hugh Jackman) and his brother, Victor Creed (aka Sabretooth, played by Liev Schreiber), have joined a top-secret government… More

"You won't be upset you saw it, you'll have some fun, you'll see Wolvie beat the living hell out of a helicopter."
‑ Laremy Legel, Film.com
"I was definitely disappointed."
‑ Ben Lyons, At the Movies
"Adequate"
‑ Roger Moore, McClatchy-Tribune News Service
"Unfortunately, the special effects vary from impressive to embarrassing, and some additional trimming at the story level might have helped elevate the metallurgical rating to steel status."
‑ Jason Buchanan, TV Guide's Movie Guide
"Entertainingly testosterone-fueled."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"Did the plot points stick in my head five minutes after leaving the theater? Not so much ... but I know I was having fun while watching."
‑ Sara Vilkomerson, New York Observer
"Alas, there's nothing quite memorable here: much of the combat is just a whirl of movement photographed up close. As the X-Men series has progressed, the startling poetic extravagances of the first film have given way to flesh-pounding clumsiness."
‑ David Denby, New Yorker
"Straight off the bat: this movie features more shots of muscle-bound men looking up at the camera and yelling "RAAWWWRGH!" than any other I can remember. It's the shoutiest film of the year."
‑ Ali Gray, TheShiznit.co.uk
"It is not as good as the second X-Men film but it is on par with the first and an improvement over the third."
‑ Thomas Caldwell, Cinema Autopsy
"You're going to be really underwhelmed."
‑ Dave White, Movies.com
"Wolverine's backstory was good stuff -- but after the falling out with Schreiber, the story loses its center and it gets wobbly."
‑ Ben Mankiewicz, At the Movies
"How does all this play out for those of us -- i.e., me -- who have not been staying up nights fretting over the origins of the X-Men and Women? The answer is: Fairly well."
‑ Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor
"I haven't been this disappointed by a film since the new Indiana Jones."
‑ Mike Edwards, What Culture
"Despite the film's necessarily lengthy exposition, Wolverine's back-story seems thinner and less compelling than the Logan-heavy, previous X-Men films had hinted at."
‑ Jay Richardson, Future Movies UK
"It's just too bad a movie sharp enough to rip through flesh and helicopter blades and nuclear-reactor smokestack walls has to feel so disappointingly dull."
‑ Jonathan Kiefer, Sacramento News & Review