World War Z

"[A] lousy, ugly-looking, intensely illogical movie."
‑ Wesley Morris, Grantland
"If you need proof that sometimes more can be less, here you go."
‑ Matt Zoller Seitz, Chicago Sun-Times
"The film works mainly on the performances of Pitt, and a strong ensemble cast that lend some credibility to a somewhat disjointed script."
‑ Raam Tarat, Future Movies UK
"There are two distinct films here and both are successful on their own terms, but more gritty survivalist story over world-spanning question resolution would have been preferable."
‑ Wesley Lovell, Cinema Sight
"Despite all appearances, World War Z isn't really a zombie movie. It's a disaster movie, one in which the agent of apocalypse just happens to be walking (and running) human corpses, rather than glaciers or a meteor strike."
‑ Ian Berriman, SFX Magazine
"As both thrilling spectacle and escapist summer entertainment, World War Z is enormously effective, with Brad Pitt at the center hopscotching the globe in search of the origin of a zombie apocalypse."
‑ Christy Lemire, ChristyLemire.com
"As compelling as Pitt is at reflecting the world's pain through Lane's eyes, the movie treats him too often as if he truly is the only one with loved ones to lose or a world to save."
‑ Lisa Kennedy, Denver Post
"World War Z is a string of unrelenting, harrowing sequences that continually manage to top one another."
‑ Bryan Bishop, The Verge
"That it never quite coheres is the point."
‑ Calum Marsh, Film Comment Magazine
"World War Z is a surprisingly entertaining, yet slightly generic zombie picture that shows promising scope and globe-trotting action, but suffers from too many genre cliches."
‑ Jeremy Lebens, We Got This Covered
"Pitt conducts himself manfully throughout the proceedings -- he is never less than believable while facing off against this pandemic -- but if I never see another zombie in the movies, I will not feel deprived."
‑ Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor
"World War Z hits the blockbuster equivalent of a delicate balance: gargantuan spectacle with a human touch."
‑ Michael Sragow, Orange County Register
"Danny Boyle (28 Days Later) and Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead) did so much more with less nearly a decade ago."
‑ Jordan Hiller, Bangitout.com
"Action-heavy zombie movie shows traces of smarts"
‑ Robert Denerstein, Movie Habit
"I always hate the shaky camera style but I think Marc Forster is better at it than Paul Greengrass. It's his editing... I guess I just speak Forster."
‑ Fred Topel, CraveOnline