Yes Man
Based on Danny Wallace's autobiographical book, Jim Carrey stars as a man who decides to spice up his life by saying yes to everything in his life that he would normally say no to. Fun With Dick and Jane's creative team of director Peyton Reed and writer Nick Stoller head up the production. Zooey Deschanel co-stars as the romantic interest, with Bradley Cooper appearing as Carrey's best friend. ~ Jeremy Wheeler, Rovi

"I think this movie needs to be skipped."
‑ Ben Mankiewicz, At the Movies
"The first time I saw Yes Man, I thought the concept was getting kind of stale toward the end. As it turns out, that was only the trailer."
‑ Kyle Smith, New York Post
"As self-help comedy, the movie is no more overdetermined than its own highbrow counterpart, Happy-Go-Lucky."
‑ Ben Kenigsberg, Time Out Chicago
"As much as I try to convince myself I'm tired of Jim Carrey, darn it, he almost always amuses me."
‑ Eric D. Snider, EricDSnider.com
"Yes Man is proof that reverse psychology works; No, it's not worth seeing because, no, it's not that funny."
‑ Anders Wotzke, Moviedex
"Contrived and silly to say the least."
‑ Ben Lyons, At the Movies
"If you own the superior Liar Liar, you might as well stay home and watch it again. When Hollywood can't be both-ered to come up with new ideas, we have every right to just say no."
‑ Elizabeth Weitzman, New York Daily News
"It's a decent enough time-killer for Carrey fans and those after something light and non-taxing after a heavy Christmas Day feast."
‑ Simon Reynolds, Digital Spy
"A ready-made Christmas-time crowd-pleaser that pretty much plays it safe, even in its cruder moments, and will be in circulation on cable soon enough."
‑ William Goss, Cinematical
"The benefits of grounding comedy in reality are never-ending, and Yes Man takes advantage of most of them. Peyton Reed is officially one of my favorite comic directors."
‑ Karina Montgomery, Cinerina
"It's a small, nice return to form by Jim Carrey."
‑ Stephen Whitty, Newark Star-Ledger
"There are flat performances in the film, false situations and bad lines, but the laughs are there and the message about personal transformation is timeless."
‑ Colin Covert, Minneapolis Star Tribune
"I have to admit that it was pretty funny a lot of the time."
‑ Dave White, Movies.com
"Mr. Carrey's performance is a return to the rubber-faced roles that dominated multiplexes in the mid- to late '90s, and that's not necessarily a good thing."
‑ Sonny Bunch, Washington Times
"[The] writers...pay lip service to the dark side of 'yes,' but don't do enough to explore what could have made the film more than a bouncy entertainment. [Blu-ray]"
‑ Peter Canavese, Groucho Reviews