Yes Man
Carl Allen's life is going nowhere--the operative word being "no"--until he signs up for a self-help program based on one simple covenant: say yes to everything--and anything. Unleashing the power of "YES" begins to transform Carl's life in amazing and unexpected ways, getting him promoted at work and opening the door to a new romance. But, his willingness to embrace every opportunity might just become too much of a good thing.

"I think this movie needs to be skipped."
‑ Ben Mankiewicz, At the Movies
"The first time I saw Yes Man, I thought the concept was getting kind of stale toward the end. As it turns out, that was only the trailer."
‑ Kyle Smith, New York Post
"As self-help comedy, the movie is no more overdetermined than its own highbrow counterpart, Happy-Go-Lucky."
‑ Ben Kenigsberg, Time Out Chicago
"As much as I try to convince myself I'm tired of Jim Carrey, darn it, he almost always amuses me."
‑ Eric D. Snider, EricDSnider.com
"Yes Man is proof that reverse psychology works; No, it's not worth seeing because, no, it's not that funny."
‑ Anders Wotzke, Moviedex
"Contrived and silly to say the least."
‑ Ben Lyons, At the Movies
"If you own the superior Liar Liar, you might as well stay home and watch it again. When Hollywood can't be both-ered to come up with new ideas, we have every right to just say no."
‑ Elizabeth Weitzman, New York Daily News
"It's a decent enough time-killer for Carrey fans and those after something light and non-taxing after a heavy Christmas Day feast."
‑ Simon Reynolds, Digital Spy
"A ready-made Christmas-time crowd-pleaser that pretty much plays it safe, even in its cruder moments, and will be in circulation on cable soon enough."
‑ William Goss, Cinematical
"The benefits of grounding comedy in reality are never-ending, and Yes Man takes advantage of most of them. Peyton Reed is officially one of my favorite comic directors."
‑ Karina Montgomery, Cinerina
"It's a small, nice return to form by Jim Carrey."
‑ Stephen Whitty, Newark Star-Ledger
"There are flat performances in the film, false situations and bad lines, but the laughs are there and the message about personal transformation is timeless."
‑ Colin Covert, Minneapolis Star Tribune
"I have to admit that it was pretty funny a lot of the time."
‑ Dave White, Movies.com
"Mr. Carrey's performance is a return to the rubber-faced roles that dominated multiplexes in the mid- to late '90s, and that's not necessarily a good thing."
‑ Sonny Bunch, Washington Times
"[The] writers...pay lip service to the dark side of 'yes,' but don't do enough to explore what could have made the film more than a bouncy entertainment. [Blu-ray]"
‑ Peter Canavese, Groucho Reviews