Zebra Crossings
Zebra Crossings
"From the moment I was born I cried for a month..." Eighteen years on, and Justin is no nearer the truth. And in a world that increasingly doesn't care, maybe just simply relying on friendship is not enough? Especially with friends like Billy, Sean and Tommy. Set amongst the backdrop of the towering, concrete-clad estates of south London 'Zebra Crossings' blends a diverse mixture of characters that all share one thing in common: The incredible loneliness of living alongside 7 million other people. Blending the surreal, and very real, we take an intense journey in search… More

"The story is hardly new, and some of the dialogue is on the clunky side - but by marrying a vividly energetic aesthetic to all the unflinching bleakness, Sam Holland has crafted an arresting calling card."
‑ Anton Bitel, Film4
"Redemption and comeuppance are divided accordingly in a bullet-riddled finale, thankfully polishing off enough of the cast to signal an end to this wreck of a film."
‑ James Mansfield, Little White Lies
"As a film it's powerful if flawed; as a calling card it's extremely impressive; and as a state-of-the-nation snapshot it's, frankly, terrifying."
‑ Matt Glasby, Total Film