1917

Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Technically its remarkable, visually it's amazing. If you are a war movie fan like me, its a must be seen! That being said! This movie is thin, story line is weak! Once all the technicality is pass we get bored easily! Very disappointed. Was expecting something so much better! Very disappointed!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Great cinematography but not compelling viewing.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    This is how you make a war movie. One of the best since Saving Private Ryan. The acting, editing, and most of all, cinematography/visuals were A+.
    1917 is a wonderfully horrific portrayal of the realities in war, just making you feel as if you are in the war as the screen deceives the audience the film is only one take.
    Absolute presentation of a WW1 semi-true story and awesome soundtracks illusion your mind.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Ultimately a hollow affair. The star of the Film is Roger Deakens in his cinematography. Deakens is by far the best cinematographer in the business. The initial stages of the adventure have the highest level of realism and one can truly feel the trenches and the horror. Unfortunately various usual tropes are used and nothing from a story point is novel nor original. The characters are hollow and one never connects with them as sympathetic protagonists. The film ends up being an excellent gimmick piece that is visually spectacular and ordinarily shallow.
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I wanted to like this movie, but the acting and writing is awful, predictable and the characters and plot are only skin deep.
    This movie was spectacular, thrilling the whole way through, and is a gruesome look in the trenches of the first world war. This is a must-see movie, everything was perfectly acted and I never got bored. I recommend this to everyone unless they are not of age. For some of these scenes may be too brutal for young children. But either way, this movie is amazing.
    If you like war movies this is for you. I see nothing wrong with it
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon