A Journal for Jordan
audience Reviews, 95% Audience Score
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsI really enjoyed the movie, it was well written and directed. It's on a league of its own.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsMagic is the story telling and emotion behind this film
- Rating: 3.5 out of 5 starsA well told story. A tearjerker.
- Rating: 1 out of 5 starsBland, boring, predictable, slow. What on earth were you thinking of Denzel?
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsI loved the story..great acting by all of the actors.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsHello and I am a man who's father was also in the military and I never got to really know him because he was killed in the military, so I am told...I guess, a lot of the details of my father's life are sketchy and historical records have not been given to me yet, but I am still hopeful 💙 that the day will come when I receive it in it's entirety. My mom was a lot like this lady, but with her being complacent about having another relationship. It was 6 years before she could even date or begin to have the desire to do so. Anyway, she had 5 other children before me and I am the one she held so close. My father saw me a couple of times before going back into the military and that was the last time my mom seen him alive. Their love must have been special because she would still clam up 20 years after his untimely death. Enough said... this movie was genius and loving with all the right trimmings of a "Heavenly Heartfelt movie full of romantic and beautiful intense scenes that showed a balanced life, full of hope, faith, and compassion and unconditional love, I am surprised by the results that didn't produce an Academy Award, but when someone place their hearts into their purpose in creation... well this movie represents a great team and body of actors and actresses that will and have cause others to exhale and embrace the beauty of life, love, and beyond.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsI think the movie was sensitive and well made,its about a fathers love for his son to help teach him how to be a decent man and how to conduct himself in life.. it also brings home that many men & women lost their lives in order to help protect a country from evil beings . God bless all the men & woman of the armed forces, and all the family's who have lost loved ones
- Rating: 2.5 out of 5 starsFilm che arriva troppo tardi per il tipo di storia che racconta, non originale e a forte trazione sentimentale. Proprio nella trasposizione della relazione tra i protagonisti c'è la falla più grande; si riesce solamente molto raramente a creare quella complicità che dovrebbe esserci, i personaggi non si interfacciano come in una normale relazione, non si crea empatia. Sicuramente più ambiziosa è la parte di linguaggio, in cui si cerca di elevare la qualità del racconto. Rivedibile la regia di Denzel Washington.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsA wonderful movie that brings back many memories. I've attended many military funerals and am never far from the cries of those left behind. I'm afraid that most critics have never lived in or around those who've paid the ultimate price for their country.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsA very touching story.