A Quiet Place: Day One

Lupita Nyong’o Delivers an amazing performance yet again. By all accounts a wonderful spinoff of the original.
    The first A Quiet Place movie was incredible and the 2nd movie allowed an expansion of the world while following the same characters that you already knew and loved. A Quiet Place: Day One takes a snippet of the initial invasion we see in the 2nd movie and turns it into a spectacle. With that being said, it misses the mark in quite a few areas. Both main characters did a fantastic job, but were still harder to root for than the family from the first two films. This movie also lacked the realism (specifically with the cat) that the first movie had and never felt anywhere close to as tense as the first two. Most of the learning process to being absolutely silent (and learning when you are able to talk in certain situations) also feels under-developed. Not a bad watch, but it doesn’t have the same magic as the earlier films.
    Overall it was enjoyable, definitely had its moments that made you jump
    This movie is terrible! Maybe if it wasn’t considered a “horror” I could give it a little more leg to stand on, but the plot was just unrealistic. We still didn’t learn much about the origin of the monsters either. It was a waste of a movie honestly could’ve wrapped this franchise up after the first two.
    If you want to sleep or get bored to death sure please go to the theaters
    Kept me on the edge of my seat. Jumped a few times.. I like that.
    Decent prequel to a franchise I enjoy. A little slow, I was hoping for a little more “creature” information but they barely touched them.
    I like that they tried to do something new with the series. Lupita is amazing as always. The shot of her with the picture is the cry moment Inside out 2 was missing.
    I think its a beautiful story about dying at the end of the world. The 'end of the world apocolypse' theme has been done so many times, its hard to find ways to tell a new story. And I think there is a beauty in a character who is facing the end of the world, and has already embraced death. Not the scariest movie, but still worth the watch
    It was pretty good I just hate how it ended