Ad Astra

While there is a growing roster of wonderful shows about space, this really does stretch us to imagine a future Mars Generation. Enjoyed the creativity and scenarios about the "what if?" Worth a movie night and its contribution to our existential dilemma.
    I couldn't make it past the first 15 minutes and for me to bail this early into a movie is rare. God, the premise is so incredulous, ridiculous and lame that no amount of good acting could save it. And I love movies about sci-fi space & I dig Brad Pitt! OMG is it awful.
    Started off nicely but they lost me at the space monkeys. Movie takes a turn for the worse after that and never gets back on track. Even Brad Pitt couldn’t save this one.
    Wasted. (To be able to submit my rating and review, Rotten Tomatoes wanted me to write a bit more to meet the requirement. OK.)
    Not bad. Captivating story. A different side of Pitt. I liked it.
    Was hoping for a cool sci fi movie about space exploration and finding life, instead I got a movie about a guy trying to solve his Daddy issues by going to Neptune.
    This was an infuriatingly bad movie that I regret even watching. It bounces back and fourth between slow, ponderous, high art sci-fi and beyond stupid, B-movie sci-fi. And none of it is entertaining.
    I really missed this movie on theater. This is not a pure Sci-Fi movie like Interstellar. And also Not a movie for everyone, but a must-watch if you're up for a slow but powerful movie. The whole movie is about how Brad Pitt is calm on the outside, but inside he is a storm of feelings.
    pile of shhhhhhhhhhhhh
    When daddies leave, kids get hurt - even if daddy is a space hero. And the more kids desperately try to differ from their father, the more they gravitate towards them in behavior (Is that astrophysics?). But that doesn't mean they share the same destiny! As an astronaut with daddy issues, Brad Pitt delivers a solid performance in this visually appealing movie. At times Pitt's voiceover is surprisingly well written and his transformation from "emotionless" to "in touch with his feelings" is admirable, although a bit cliche (Brad Pitt swimming in a giant underground birth canal to symbolize his emotional rebirth feels forced). The few action scenes are really stellar, the visuals are consistently beautiful and if you have daddy issues yourself, this will hit home! The ending disappoints and doesn't create any emotional shockwaves. Recommended on a big screen with the lights off, no need to re-orbit though once you've seen it.