audience Reviews, 84% Audience Score
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsGood blend of performances recorded when the ballets were developed, and interviews with people who were part of his compny, and interviews that he did. It reflects Aileys lifetime (segregation, poverty, the AIDS epidemic).
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsthis is a Moving and Timeless doc
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsDelightful and heartbreaking… he was wonderful and is truly missed.
- Rating: 3.5 out of 5 starsReal clips from newsreels and those amazing performances. Unvarnished information about his challenges and illness.
- Rating: 4 out of 5 starsThere could have been more about how he learned to dance and where.
- Rating: 4 out of 5 starsGreat film. I do wish they could have gone into greater detail about how Ailey came to create some of greatest works.