Aladdin

As a huge fan of the original, this was painful to watch at times. It felt rushed and insincere at the beginning but picked up about half way through... Also....I'm a big believer in casting people in musicals who can actually sing. Naomi Scott did her first song and saved it. The male leads...nope. Speaking in time with the song doesn't really count for me. Although I will say, Will Smith hit a few good notes amid the talking, and Mena Massoud sure can dance.
    Aladdin becomes a side character in his own movie. Too much fokus is on Jasmine (who is a plank of wood of a character) and Jeanie (who is more annoying than funny when portrayed by Will Smith). Also, the whole "Jasmin should be the sultan" thing at the end felt completely unearned by the character.
    Will smith is a decent runner up to RObin william's Genie; unfortunatley the rest of the film/characters just fall at dead (and dull) last.
    It was a good movie but seemed to lack something. It was a huge thing trying to compete with Robin Williams previous performance. It seemed to lack the energy that makes a movie great.
    The rare time the critics are actually right over the audience. I remember watching this and thinking it was ok, doesn't even come close to the original but it wasn't terrible. But then time went by and I realized I could not recall a single moment of the movie. That itself spoke volumes.
    good but no one can fill Robin Williams shoes.
    I admit that I was very afraid of this new version of Aladdin I didn't really know what the intention was, especially when someone like Guy Ritchie was called to direct but in the end I was surprised In a very positive way everything worked for the most part the interpretations to music and mainly the changes made and the update made in relation to the source material is not just a re-reading of Animation but something with its own personality that will surely mark new generations.
    I mean, the original 92' animation was my favorite childhood movie, and I was a little concerned that Disney may have done a bad job with it. Truth is, despite all the little changes, the shortcomings in storytelling and a somewhat cartoonish representation of Jaffar I couldn't ignore the fact that I'd reached the last minute with a huge smile on my face. The setting is vibrant and colorful, the songs are fun to listen to and watch as they come to life, and god knows how happy I am that they didn't try to turn Abu into a more realistic version of himself like they did with the Lion King. It's different, but the magic is all there!
    Visually stunning, even if most of it is computer generated, unfortunately the performances from the cast are quite the opposite. Who would've guessed that Will Smith can't sing? Not me!
    So much wrong with this movie- Will Smith as the genie (hip hop accent and awkward line delivery), forced feminist pieces, just so disjointed and culturally everywhere. I would not hire the director for another remake.