Aladdin

Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Despite the best efforts of Will Smith to fill Robin Williams shoes as the genie, he comes off terrible even without the comparison. It is another cash grab that attempts to alter the classic story to fit better with today's climate and plays on nostalgia but fails to inspire it. This one would have been better off sitting in the Disney Vault. Thankfully I get free movie passes from work because I would never pay to watch this movie again
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I thought I was watching a crappy Bollywood movie. Terrible acting, cheesy, and drab looking.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Aladdin 2019 is good, it's got issues but this remake sparked joy in me, whereas Disney's other remakes have made me wanna throw things at the screen. The film has awesome sets and the cgi grade A, every scene is a beautiful sight. The cast is fine as well, Mena makes a fine Aladdin, nothing special. Will smith is a good genie and was a pleasant to watch. Naomi was decent, I've never really cared for Jasmine even in the original so I'd say Naomi did good. Marwan is not a good Jafar, he's just so boring in this film and lacks the evil characterization from the original. Music wise it was hit or miss, auto tune was extremely present. Songs like "one jump ahead" we're dragged down with auto tune and bad cinematography (like wtf were those angles and weird pacing). But songs like "Friend Like Me" were actually good and worked, besides the iffy beatboxing. "Speechless" wasn't a very good addiction, it was kinda bland and I don't know it just didn't mesh well with the film, I don't even really like it outside the context of the film. Overall Aladdin 2019 is the best remake we've gotten but that doesn't mean it doesn't have flaws.
    I thought the movie did a great job of playing on tradition and also bringing the characters and music to life.
    I honestly thought this was better than the original 1992 classic.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Better than I expected. Will Smith is great as Mariner the genie.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    While I very much enjoyed this film it doesn't surpass the original animated version in my view. I loved Will Smith's version of the genie he really made the character his own. Really amazing and convincing chemistry between the 2 leads.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Entretenimiento bàsico, nada novedoso. Sospecho que la versiòn animada que no vi, està muscho mejor.
    Full Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Very disappointed in the casting choices. Jasmine was white and Will Smith can't sing and butchered every song. It was kinda terrible.
    It is magically captivating and very lovely. A fantastic retelling of the 1992 movie. They brought more protagonism giving a story and greater notoriety to the genius. Wonderful. You have to watch!