Aladdin

Full Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    So disappointed in this movie! They should have gone with a totally different take on the storyline rather than botching re-telling of the original Disney movie as they didn't do it justice. It felt like Aladdin hardly had a role and his character felt really underwhelming. Didn't enjoy any if the songs, they didn't have the same uplift as from the animation! Will Smith just didn't work for me as the Genie. I'm all for girl power but it just didn't fit right with all Jasmine's ambitions - they should have called it Jasmine and gone with this a focus rather than trying to bring it to light from the side lines. It was the first time watching a Disney movie I could have walked out of the cinema through not enjoying the movie and frustration in how much of a poor reflection it was of the original.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Fun movie with the kids
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Disney-fied 'Hitch', with unneccessary additional singing to boost a particular actress' career.
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Worst movie i've ever see
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    One of the best live action remakes Disney has done to date, definitely comes close to the original. Will Smith shines as the genie 🧞‍♂️ with all the great classic musical numbers. Naomi Scott is also radiant with her song "Speechless", which wasn't in the original but fits perfectly in this remake. Fun for the whole family from start to finish.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Loved it! Will Smith was Perfectly cast as the genie! I love that the storyline was honored while punctuated with distinct charm and animation which made it enchanting. So much fun!!!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    not felt the magic of original but still great. will smith made it more magical. guy ritchie was good choice
    I absolutely love this film!
    I loved it the action and the music I would recommend it to everyone
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    I think it was a brilliant performance from all the actors, and well cast too, but I do have to admit that while Marwan Kenzari did a brilliant job portraying his character jafar, the way he was re-written made him seem like a bit of a pussy, like a little kid chucking a temper tantrum, and though he did a good job with what he was given, the character lost a bit of the sinister qualities that made jafar, well, *jafar.* the wickedness and the cunning, his lust for jasmine, his constant attempts to hypnotise the sultan, all kind of reduced to, well, I guess you could say... *second best.* other than that, the music was well composed, Naomi Scott's performance as jasmine was wonderful, her performance of "speechless" made me feel like a strong, independent woman. And I'm a man. I'm not sure a better actor could have been chosen for Aladdin, and will smith brought a new spin to the beloved genie, and though I love will smith, I was a bit worried about how he would perform in blue, but he pulled it off a created a new era of "Disney's genie" without tarnishing the classic character. Iago was a bit, well, useless, and didn't have all the character from the original animation, and abu was also a bit of a nuisance at times, but all in all I think this is a good movie, good for the kids, for the adults, for those Nostalgia seekers and those unfamiliar with Disney films alike. 4.5/5, brilliant, not perfect, but still brilliant.