Aladdin

Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    It was pretty good despite feminist crud they wrote in for character "Saltine Jasmine". MAJOR EYE ROLL there. Is it eye roll, or eyes roll? Anyways it was ugh whatever!
    I was skeptical of the genie and if the movie would have the same charm and entertainment. I really liked the genie and I appreciate that hey kept a lot of the songs and little homages in there that make you remember Robin Williams. I'm glad Will Smith put his spin on it. I enjoyed the little strays from the main plot with the genie. The only character I didn't care for was Jafar and that is in large part to the actor. He wasn't slick and twisted in a like able way as in the cartoon. I mostly thought he came off annoying and boring. I only wish I'd watched the movie sooner!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    the movie overral was okay bbut the acting was abismal, the jokes are hit or miss and the new elements are bad
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I don't have a lot of connection to the original Aladdin however with saying that i would hope that this film would at least be bearable. But it's not. I have a lot of respect for Guy Ritchie as a film-maker; lock stock is one of my favourite films of all time but when i seen him directing this film i thought this wasn't the movie for him. He's more good at doing crime and fun new original characters. But with this film it felt exactly the same, if anything worse. Following the same narrative beats as the original and anything Guy tried to do to be original didn't work. The new song they added where everyone did a snap didn't was cringe and the dance scene n the palace was entertaining but was just pointless. But, the worst thing of all was Jaffar. He was the most weak and unintimidating villain of all time which just disrespects the original. Even in the final battle, which for one was bland and boring, he just seemed crap overall. Going back to the final battle it was a giant cgi mess that was just horrible to look at. But the only saving grace of this movie was Will Smith genie who was almost on par with Robin Williams but also bought his own acting flair which was just an excellent site to see.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Swell real life adaptation. It'll almost never compare to the classic original, but this was well done overall.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    It's the most unlike Guy Ritchie form, and happens to be the film I most enjoyed directed by him! The vivid colour and inviting & energetic vibe of the film make a very familiar tale entertainingly rendered and well worth telling as a live action film.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    There was so much room for improvement here. And, I wonder why did they put Bhangra (Punjabi dance form) in the last song, isn't the story based on the Arab world? There's no Bhangra in the Arab world, it was kinda weird. I am probably nitpicking a bit here. Overall it got the nostalgia right.
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    What a bad adaptation ! I was hopping for Disney to do as good as they have done with the adaptation of "Beauty and the Beast" or "The jungle book" but everything went wrong in this movie. I don't even know where to start... 1) Jafar is one of the best vilain in all disney universe here is just blah. 2) The visual effects are just not good, we want magic and travelling during "A whole new world" (wich is the point of the song) nope we juste have a bad rendered night sky and poorly incrusted actors on it. 3) Actors... what went wrong ? Good job on the casting they really physically look like the characters (except jafar). But there is no chemistry beetween Jasmine and Aladdin, the acting is really poor, all the jokes fell flat. The only good point is for Will Smith who kinda save the movie as the genie. 4) Why change a perfectly good and working story ? Adding the plot of an upcoming war bring absolutely nothing to the movie. Every other scene is useless. We don't care that Jafar use to be a thief. If you want to change the scenario change it completely and go back to the original story (the book). 5) I still don't understand what was the point of Jasmine's song. 6) Why is this so slow and boring ! In conclusion, well done Disney you ruined Aladdin for me. PS Good point for not showing a huge disgusting snake.
    Don't understand the hate absolutely loved it
    Excelente actuación de todos aunque cambian algunas cosas