American Fiction

The movie's script, directing, and editing are solid, providing a good overall experience with commendable performances from most actors. It balances deep dramatic moments with sharp humor. However, scenes with Issa Rae feel exaggerated and lack believability. On the other hand, Jeffrey Wright's portrayal stands out with its nuanced complexity. Despite a jarring moment in the third act, which seems out of place, the movie redeems itself shortly after. With time, it's likely to become a cult classic.
    Like , sorry to bother you, it focuses on the human experience with great characters and story. It makes its points but not in a sloppy self serving way. The better story is how the filmmakers experience trying to make the film mirrored the primary characters story. Overall its great to see quality execution of a great story.
    It's good. It's slow. It's kinda sad. It had a few chuckles but I would not consider it a comedy. And after all that, it's pretty forgettable.
    One of the best endings in years.
    not worth the time . ,
    So excited when there are moves based on books that are both 1) different but 2) both enjoyable on their own terms! In some ways it improved on the book, in terms of understanding the main character *and* witnessing his evolving growth. It was such a great satire...the ending remined me of Get Shorty. It was like...a Russian nesting doll, in its satire. Oh, and at times, it felt like the Descendants. More so than the Holdovers!
    A great story and great performances from every actor and actress in this movie. I enjoyed the movie from beginning to end
    Not sure what movie everyone else watched, but that thing sucked ass. Multiple people mention hilarious, but I am not sure what they are referencing.
    Absolutely brilliant dialogue. Deft, intelligent & very witty.
    I mean, I don't agree with a lot of the messages of this movie but this movie is still great and the acting is amazing.