Anatomy of a Fall

, 96% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score
  • A smart, solidly crafted procedural that's anchored in family drama, Anatomy of a Fall finds star Sandra Hüller and director/co-writer Justine Triet operating at peak power.
    Wenlei MaPerthNow
    Anatomy of a Fall asks its audience to think about how we think about things and how we choose what we believe. It’s interested in the form of storytelling as much as it is interested in telling a story.
    Sandra HallSydney Morning Herald
    It’s such a leisurely and deliberate approach it could seem like a very boring affectation. Instead, it’s mesmerising because of the diversions Triet comes up with along the way.
    James BerardinelliReelViews
    The strength of Anatomy of a Fall comes from its willingness to embrace ambiguity and a lack of closure in ways that intrigue (rather than frustrate) the viewer.
    Dana StevensSlate
    An example of how a movie can succeed in multiple genres at once...
    David RooneyHollywood Reporter
    An intricately layered, surgically controlled drama that operates as both a courtroom thriller and an investigation of the mysterious recesses of domestic life, the film is as chilly as its French Alpine setting yet never distancing.
    Wendy IdeObserver (UK)
    Ultimately, one of the key pleasures of the picture is its uncertainty – the niggling doubts that remain, and the sense that a crucial piece of the puzzle is tantalisingly out of reach.
    Rudie ObiasBattleship Pretension
    ...examines the ins-and-outs of a marriage on the edge of collapse and the raw emotions that come from jealousy, infidelity, and guilt.
    Jeff BeckThe Blu Spot
    Boasts an excellent, Oscar-winning screenplay, a marvelous lead performance from Sandra Hüller, and outstanding direction from Justine Triet, resulting in a remarkably riveting courtroom drama that easily ranks as one of the very best films of 2023.
    Shadan LarkiInSession Film
    What stands out the most to me about my experience watching Anatomy of a Fall is how deeply engrossed I was, sitting at the edge of my seat, gripping the armrest, afraid to move...
    Jaylan SalahInSession Film
    Graner captures that frustrating childhood perfectly, and I might argue that the scenes in which the camera zooms in on his frail body, shrinking as his parents are torn to shreds in the courtroom are far more impactful than when he breaks down.