Apocalypto

Mr. Gibson continues to be snubbed in Hollywood while the major critics still wipe the asses of the same old tried, true, and TAUGHT "top tier" (they can't help it they paid for their education). Apocalypto is yet another example of Gibson's genius. The filmmaker leads us to slaughter, along with the characters, during a visually stunning and heart wrenching march from a plumaged village into the sacrificial Mayan pyramid. The attention to detail and the performances are delivered to us masterfully. The story establishes the classic elements of a modern action saga, while providing an astonishing imagining of a lost civilization. As Jaguar Paw escapes to return to his family, our hearts pump along with his as if to make up for the ones that were cut out... This film should have dominated the Oscars, but Mel Gibson's joke on everyone is that he has never strived to fit into the mold - he is just THAT GOOD.
    This is the most accurate film portrayal of pre-Columbian America that you will ever see. If you have any interest in history at all, you owe it to yourself to watch Apocalypto.
    Amazing. Impecable. Scenes, representantions, acting. I love it!
    Stands the test of time, and always will. Academics and film buffs alike can enjoy. A cautionary tale set in history, with modern and classic relevance in symbolism & revolutionary imagery genius. The violence is significant but tolerable as essential, as this cathartic thrill ride takes you back in time and keeps your attention every step of the way! A noteworthy 10 second scene, without words between a mother- and son-in-law, made one of the most emotional and profound moments in cinematic history without effort. Cinematic artwork and historical significance has never found home in a more relevant era. A true product of cinematic genius. A top 10 must-see of all time movies in any decade or century.
    An admittingly intense and immersive story initially starts to feel tedious and overly aggressive. Apocalypto nails it's core tenents but is overbearing in its presentation at times, an increasingly growing trait upon further viewings on the movie.
    Mayans hacking eachother to pieces. Gibson's carnage garbage.
    Ummm... so why is this a good movie??? Brutal killing and what not doesn't matter that much since u are all living in the woods and it will most likely happen at some point. Idk why I'm supposed to like this movie... Lethal Weapon is a way better Mel Gibson jam! :)
    A movie that has a few moments that stay with you.
    This movie gets better everytime I watch it. The first time one is overwhelmed by the brutality. But after that it it gets pretty good.
    Mel Gibson did a great film, he gave Mexican-Latino representation before it was ever a thing. As a Mexican is great to see a big budget film with a full Latino cast, in a Pre-Colonial language from Mexican tribes. Is interesting to show that the Mayans (although more historically accurate should had been Aztecs) are every bit as morally corrupted from within as our would be, at the time future Spanish-Slavers.