Apollo 11

I agree with the New Yorker review. Amazing footage, but the lack of narration and contextualization made it kind of boring and hard to get through.
    Incredibly well done doc. As if we were sitting on the front row seat to the moon.
    A masterpiece documenting mankind's greatest achievement: masterfully edited, splicing together well-known and newly discovered archival footage, the beautifully restored film makes much of this documentary appear as if it was filmed 5 years ago, not 50. Absent commentary, aside from minimal additions from Walter Cronkite's coverage that adds just a sprinkle of necessary context, the story is driven by the tense moments inherent in such a monumental mission; the take-off, transfer to the lunar modual, the landing, and the splashdown. Despite knowing the outcome ("No way...that's great! We landed on the moon!"), the superb editing injected natural tension and suspense for nearly the entire 93 minutes. You can feel the enormity of the mission at hand on the faces of Armstrong, Aldrin, and Collins as they suit up prior to launch. One of the greatest Oscar snubs of recent memory for not taking Best Documentary.
    An amazing collection of archival footage, synched with audio that makes you proud to be human.
    Stunning, but made for the big, big screen
    It's excellent as a documentary as well as an immersive cinematic experience. FULL REVIEW: https://letterboxd.com/blujayfilms/film/apollo-11-2019/
    Apollo 11 is a slow paced documentary that will leave you from beggining to end wondering how they were able to transform 60's footage into beauty - teaching you history while doing so.
    It was great to watch a documentary about the moon landing in an epic IMAX format. As a millennial I always took the moon landing for granted, even once believed it was fake. This film allowed me a glimpse into the magic and the logistical magnitude of this world changing cultural event, all wrapped in an explosive IMAX experience.
    At times, a thrilling visual treat, especially the footage that must have been archival 35mm converted IMAX footage. I'm old enough to have watched live coverage on television. I was almost moved to tears reliving the experience.
    What a treasure! A perfect and definitive encapsulation of this historic event that will undoubtedly serve as an educational tool from this point forward. The footage on the ground is absolutely stunning and I'm so upset that I missed seeing this in IMAX.