Avengers: Endgame

94% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score94%
  • Exciting, entertaining, and emotionally impactful, Avengers: Endgame does whatever it takes to deliver a satisfying finale to Marvel's epic Infinity Saga.
  • Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Amy NicholsonFilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles)
    This is a feat of engineering... I felt a sense of catharsis finishing it.
    Oliver JonesObserver
    What you will be getting when you walk into an inevitably overstuffed movie theater is something singular that reflects our age in a way that none of the MCU films that preceded it have-indeed, very few Hollywood spectacles ever have.
    Matthew NormanLondon Evening Standard
    The only complaint about Avengers: Endgame is that it raises the bar so high that there may well never be a superhero movie to match it.
    Richard BrodyNew Yorker
    What's missing from "Endgame" is the free play of imagination, the liberation of speculation, the meandering paths and loose ends that start in logic and lead to wonder.
    Matthew LickonaSan Diego Reader
    The MCU will go on and on, but this chapter - and the American pragmatism vs. American ideals bromance that drove it - have well and truly come to their "Excelsior! Nuff said!" moment.
    Dana StevensSlate
    Endgame consists almost entirely of the downtime scenes that were always secretly everyone's favorite parts of these movies anyway.
    Dan SchindelHyperallergic
    As fun as the movie is, there's an undeniable hollowness at its core induced by its unwillingness to follow through on certain ideas and symbols.
    Julian LytleIgnorant Bliss
    podcast review
    M.V. MoorheadPhoenix Magazine
    I'm not naïve enough to suppose that anything I can say here is likely to change anyone's plans about going or not going, so I'll simply say that I enjoyed this silly but thrilling superhero free-for-all.
  • Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Phumlani S LangaCity Press (South Africa)
    You would think they would go back to a time when Thanos was young and vulnerable and off him. They opt for a more intricate approach, which bored me.