Baishe: Yuanqi

It was interesting the whole way through. I cried and smiled.
    Fuck'n E P I C WATCH THIS NOW!!!
    Amazing artwork and animation. I stumbled upon this masterpiece by accident and was blown away. The dub can use a tiny work but you'd hardly notice but it is in sub as well. I really don't understand why word or advertisement wasn't put out there. Romance, action, adventure, child friendly.
    Just a typical love story human n demon.. the human become a demom but cannot transform πŸ˜‚.. the general not the villain it's was mother of shake use a gem transform to gigantic shake later been sucks at black hole.. white snake wait 500 year to meet his love again after he too been sucks at demon black hole
    I really enjoyed this movie! The animation is beautiful in general and I really appreciate all the attention to detail like texture, lighting, different movement styles, fighting styles, angles, etc. The unique movement style each character has is really neat because they each move in different ways from each other but also as the "other side" of themselves. That's another really cool thing about this movie: most of the main characters have a duality between "good" and "evil"/ "light" and "dark" sides. I really like or at least was intrigued by all the characters. Of course I probably like the main characters the most, and I thought their romance was done pretty well, but I also really liked the fox demon that ran the Precious Jade shop. They did a fantastic job of making her both really cool and fun and yet at the same time, because of her fox side, she was also very manipulative and a little scary. The scenes in her workshop are particularly awesome with how whimsical everything feels and yet there's the feeling that these things are very powerful and could easily ruin you. The way the characters and the items flying around the room move in these scenes on top of what is being said and how bright and colorful everything isβ€” it all works together so well. On that note, I also think all the music pairs really well with their scenes. The only minor things that I don't quite love about the movie are 1. There are a couple times where it feels like a scene is cut out and the two surrounding scenes get spliced together without any or much transition which is a little confusing. 2. While I don't particularly dislike the dog character, it seems like his main purpose is to be a comedic relief but he just feels kind of out of place instead. But again, these are small complaints because overall I think this movie is amazing!
    i love the movie especially the story of 2 main characters.The beautiful pictures of landscape are amazing. I hope Light Chaser will continue this movie because i have so many questions about 2 main characters story "really hope to see part 2" . tks a lot to Light Chaser about a wonderful movie
    I'm glad this film didn't copy the other movie plots also based on the white snake legend, it was one of the main reasons I initially avoided this movie. For a chinese animation I was worried the quality would suck (cus compared to japan it usually is) but the animation was beautiful and the romance I believe is more believable compared to other movies. Another thing I was worried about was subtitles (my Chinese is very shabby). I've seen great Chinese films but 80% of the time end up stop watching them because of shitty subtitles (bad grammar, tacky name translation, bad sentence transitioning, etc. Like why did they even try?). I am happy to say the subtitles are perfect in this movie, I even love how they translated the main characters name, rather then just leaving at as "White" and "Green" like most adaptations, they chose Blanca and Verta, staying true to their meaning but also unique. The fight scenes were very smooth and the snake characters movement very fluid. The plot stays true to the legend in that a snake demon falls in live with a human and vice versa. The ending in my opinion is very satisfying and doesn't leave a bitter taste. The story line was paced very well and overall felt nostalgic to watch personally (since I've grew up knowing this legend). I would say this is my favorite adaptation thus far, I wish I watched it sooner. The movie is definitely a good mix between classic Chinese fantasy, action, and romance. A must watch.
    it was beyond awesome!
    Visually beautiful, explanations of who was evil and why were a little confusing. I saw the dubbed version
    Realy good movie but it was hard to find.