Belle

Idk it was decent. It got better towards the end but I don't think it's as good as the reviews are making it seem.
    With a voice that is pure of heart, and fantastic animation that is full of colors, BELLE shines bright as one of the greatest animated films in history since the 1990s.
    I rarely watch anime and I thought this movie was amazing. The characters, plot, and visuals were amazing. Additionally, the songs in the movie were fun to listen to as well. Lastly, the ending was interesting to watch.
    i'm pretty sure that the only reason people rated this so highly was because they weren't reading the subtitles. the dub is very difficult to watch/listen to, and i don't think the original japanese lyrics were much better. it's a visually appealing movie which seems to have plagiarized just about any popular aesthetic it can get it's hands on, and it seems they were hoping (correctly) that people would be fooled into thinking it was good so long as they were too focused on the visuals to notice that the movie makes no sense and is full of gaping plot holes. the plot is both derivative and poorly fleshed out. there are a lot of leaps forward that don't really make sense, characters underdeveloped etc. i can see how it would definitely appeal to a young adult audience, but it's rather vapid. i'd wager that most of the reviews saying its "the best animated film they've ever seen" have probably not seen very much anime. most of the songs have way too much disney princess energy for me too, so i can see how this movie represents a great leap forward in maturity level or realism compared to disney films, but it's not very well written. several of the songs are very poorly translated to english, they go on forever and are very repetitive, with lyrics straight out of a corporate top 40 radio hit. it has an almost improvised feel to it, like she's just saying whatever comes to mind, which would explain the whimsical and not always pleasing changes in key or time signature, as well as the complete lack of rhymes. there is a scene about halfway through where i thought the stream froze, but they actually just used a single motionless frame for like 20 straight seconds, and they even come back to it again a few seconds later. if people are hyping this up for it's visuals, then i'd expect a much higher standard. even cheap tv shows don't stretch the same frame for this long without at least adding a little bit of motion to it. as the movie goes on, i like it less and less. there are a few scenes with decent visuals, but they are derivative and uninspired in most cases. i absolutely cannot stand the lyrics to these songs, especially. they are utter garbage, making the central point of the film and the climactic moments something i have zero interest in. by the end this girl is literally just saying "lalalalalalalalalalala" for like 20 minutes, and it seems like it's designed so that the music is so basic that anyone can identify with belle, but it's just bad. for a movie about singing, you would think they would actually bother to write halfway decent lines.
    The whole story line is a mess and it felt empty. Please watch summer wars, it feels like a generic version of summer wars (which is an amazing movie) I hate the fact I can only watch it on English dub. The voice acting was HORRIBLE.
    I do think it's worth giving a watch just for the visuals and music alone. They are admittedly phenomenal. That being said, I had very high expectations going into this. I've been listening to the soundtrack alone for the past 3 months or so and I was very excited—-and left disappointed. The story and scenes are very haphazardly thrown together. 99% of characters hold no significance to the story. 80% of the things happen with zero buildup. Things just sort of /happen/ and you're left to come up with your own explanation for why in the world anything is going on. The characters seem to be moved by some voice in their heads that we are never let in on. The motivations are insanely unclear and they are much too dramatic for their own good. The scenes just seem to be loosely tied together. Timeskips are made unclear, etc. I was really just sitting and waiting for everything to make sense, but it never did. /Every single thing/ that happened just simply did not need to, or make sense. Story wise? 3/10. Visuals and music? 10/10. Watch it, but… not for a second time.
    The most-animated 02 hours: and 01 minute ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anime at its finest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    a beautiful and touching movie loved the look of it and music was perfect only problem was that the plot felt a bit weak as it tried to be a movie of a girl that wanted to sing again and got a chance to in U and also turned into a beauty and the beast movie and then switched to saving someone from domestic violence it did each enough service but when looking back it feels disjointed a must watch for the music and visuals but not much in the story department
    If anything, this film defines Mamoru Hosoda. He is stylish. He is messy. He is emotional. He is disjointed. He is pure in his message. He is convoluted in his execution. He is completely flawed and that's why he's good at it. He leaves the flaws. They're there for all to see, no matter how embarrassing. That's the whole premise of this film. That we're all flawed, in the face we show the world and the things we see in ourselves. And even then, he is flawed. We see all of this film's flaws, and it's still a VERY GOOD FILM despite all of them. This film does really beautiful things, really experimental things. The CGI is out of this world. Some of the shots are some of the cutest, most fun, most neat I've seen in cinema. Some of the scenes are the coolest I've ever seen written. The background art, the voice acting, the character designs, the action, the choreography, everything. It's all so good. And the music, oh god the music, how do you even speak on it? Stellar. And yet it's very poorly written at times, everything looks plastic, the world seems unbelievable, characters literally stare into space for 20 minutes and contribute nothing. The plot is convoluted, it can be nonsensical at times. And yet... it's still so good. This is Mamoru Hosoda. His films are beautiful and blemished, and you have to accept them at face value. Because you will like his films. They just come with all the baggage of making a film. For better or worse, these are great films. For better or worse, art is flawed and beautiful. All that is asked is that it is experienced.
    Another heart warming experience in anime that keeps me wanting more of it, love, trust and kindness and mostly accepting who you are is the key concept here, this not only brings it close to reality but open it to new possibilities and that is moving me beyond the voices i heard. Belle the experience was amazing.