Blood for Dust

Big fan of Scoot McNairy and watched it thinking he has to be good. He is, and he is believable, but there is no character here worth playing. His partner in crime with the mustache is not believable, and consistently talks in a soft, lazy unidentifiable southern country twang (in Montana?) saying laconic, know-it-all, world-weary lines in the well worn cliched movie phony cooler than cool criminal way that no one in real life ever behaves. He always is this way, no matter what happens. If he is a sociopath, we get it, but he's blank and boring. The lines spoken are dreary and lifeless. You see only these two guys for 80% of the movie. Way too much. The plot is nothing interesting, nothing to latch on to or get curious about. A couple guys with no aims or plans get some illicit drug money and seem totally bored. They talk about significant events in their past which connect to nothing the movie seems to be about. Murky backstory elements abound, none of which matter. VERY slow and you need zero thought to make that slowness count. Didn't care what was happening at all after a while. Cardboard cutout criminals appear in dimly lit rooms, then get killed with guns, of course! Wasted potential, lazy and empty. Things that happen would not happen in reality, and if they did, they would still mean nothing. Some dopey, important sounding half insights about being a salesperson are thrown in, but not to any meaningful effect. Extended gun shootouts, blood everywhere, wow, time for a nap.
    The movie was slow to develop and I am not sure it ever did because I just couldn't watch it anymore, after the first hour. So much more could have been done with this.
    Great film from start to finish that kept me engaged. It's very well made and acted.
    Great film. Great style!! From beginning to end, Blood For Dust had me hooked.
    Much better than what I was expecting and I hope the ratings bump this up into the high 80s. It's a really good taught thriller that has a decent plot with enough characters to save you from second guessing about what's coming next. Also, it doesn't embellish or overstay it's welcome - it finishes at the right time with a suitably appropriate ending. This is well worth your time.
    A slow-burning, pulpy crime flick that is always threatening to boil over and scald everyone. Don't let the half-assed materials fool you, this is masterful neo-noir with an exciting cast.
    A compelling modern noir, "Blood for Dust" offers solid performances and a chilling tone, creating a captivating experience for fans of the genre. Well done, Blackhurst.
    Blood for Dust is an extremely well crafted crime thriller that never wavers and delivers excellent performances. Really excited to see what Blackhurst does next.
    This movie over delivers on vibe tone and subtle commentary on the myth of the American dream. It's a piece of cinema in a sea of content. And it's actually nothing like FARGO or BREAKING BAD - in a positive way - and it's also incredibly better than the B-grade poster and trailer. It very quickly establishes tension and mystery and asks us to be engaged viewers, learning details and answering questions as we go. It treats us as intelligent viewers. Great job all around.
    Incredibly dark, bleak, perfectly crafted piece of cinema. Each shot matters. Outstanding performances, especially from Kit Harrington. The script is great and plausible, a real life drama. Most of all, cinematography is top-notch. Please do not compare this to Fargo, this is a different kind of art, it does not need humour to stand out. The title and the poster are giving a false impression of B-standard movie.