Booksmart

Typical teen type stuff… on the eve of their high school graduation, two academic superstars and best friends realise they should have worked less and played more so try to cram four years of fun into one night. It is hardly an original premise and under Olivia Wilde's direction it labours in some sections. There are some memorable elements but ultimately it is pretty overhyped.
    Some parts were ok but it really did feel like Superbad with girls but not half as funny. It didn't have the great chemistry that Jonah and Michael had. Also how can you beat McLovin?
    I don't typically like teen rom-coms (if you can call this a rom-com) but this was just so well done! The humor made me laugh out loud in several places, while also being able to have really tense and emotional moments. The music choices were really good (if not ironically funny in places), the two main characters had really good interactions, and heck, all the characters were fun. Contrary to other reviews, I don't think the other characters are supposed to be accurate representations of teenagers, instead they are exaggerated caricatures to make a point about teen culture. I'm also glad all the characters realized who were the people who actually care about them, it always bothers me when characters push others away. I also enjoyed the mixed-medium doll scene, that was pretty clever. The enemies-to-lovers part confused me, but that's just me.
    Phenomenal coming of age story 👏 Very relatable and authentic. Props to the music being used too. Olivia Wilde knows what and how to use them 10/10
    I enjoyed every single minute and every single thing about this film.
    Great cast. Wonderfully acted. Excellent script and direction.
    I believe this to be the superior film of the 2 olivia wilde good movies (other is dont worry darling.) So watch this movie and see it as the equally leveled superbadish movie with a delightful spin to it! This movie is an A+ "you ought to know"
    Very fun, class teen movie. Loved the smart jokes, good act, great story. We are all fun.
    Funny and charming :)
    This movie is extremely slow. It is tailored to a niche audience. The lead is great but the supporting actress is a miss and the chemistry isn't good.