Booksmart

Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    It was like a less entertaining version of Superbad. I was bored most of the movie.
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Watched this on Hulu, was quite excited since it had such great reviews and heard it was the female Superbad. Watched this and I can't remember the last time I've been SO bored during a movie. Waste of time, and I laughed out loud 1 time.. 1 time for a movie that was being compared to Superbad. Terrible.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Cute but forgettable.
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Meh! Skip this one for sure!
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Meh. Not for me, go figure.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Witty and clever, it was everything it was supposed to be. There were a few dry moments, but all in all, a wonderful fun movie.
    This is an unquestionable masterpiece. It illustrates that 18-year olds are way more intelligent, worldly, and hilarious than we give them credit for, and the acting, directing, and... EVERYTHING about this movie is spot on. The last scene of the film encapsulates its incredibly exuberant vibe, and I nearly shouted along with the incredible Beanie Feldstein with the closing lines. Kaitlyn Deaver is explosive too, hell, all the actors are stupid good, and a lot of that has to do with how well they are directed by the new superstar director Olivia Wilde. I'm not sure I've seen an ensemble cast that nails it more than this one. I laughed, I cried, I pumped my fists, and other things besides. Oh to be a fly on the wall when this was being written and shot. The infectiousness of what had to be a lot of laughing, crying, back slapping, high fiving, and neck hugging by the writers, the cast and crew, and the director, is palpable. Six stars out of five. Best film I've seen in a LOOOONG time.
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Woke as h e double toothpicks!
    beanie and kaitlyn are so lovable and brilliant, actually good lesbian representation, a best friends comedy that doesn't make you want to rip your hair out. what more could you want?
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Kind of all over the place. Some funny. Some real.