Booksmart

Really? 96%?! Come on now. This movie was so contrived and the one-liners were funny the first time I saw them on Superbad. This was a complete ripoff of every teen movie before it, which made it tedious to watch. The Tomato critics may have a dog in this fight. Just sayin.
    Really funny and cute movie. Wasn't the type of comedy that made me lose my breath but a pretty funny movie. It has a dramatic third act but it doesn't turn into a different movie, and I actually really enjoyed it unlike some terrible dramatic third acts of otherwise great comedy movies (if you get what I'm talking about). The standouts are the main two actresses and Billie Lourd, who were all hilarious. The movie also was a great length, and it didn't overstate it's welcome. The one downside is that they made Lisa Kudrow as one of the main character's mothers, who is a great comedian, but they didn't do anything funny with her, which is a waste of the actress. Otherwise, I enjoyed this film, and I would recommend anyone to check it out. I checked it out for free on Hulu. Also, it is the one comedy film that I have seen ACCURATELY represent high school for the most part.
    Fun, inventive, playful end of .high-school coming of age comedy with breathlessly engaging performances.
    This is 1 of 3 movies to make me belly laugh so hard in the past 14 years, besides Anchorman and Game Night. It's constantly hilarious with amazingly original dialogue, but the relationships in it are what make this comedy stand up to time.
    A fantastic buddy teen comedy movie from a female perspective. The actors breathe even more life into the well-written characters & witty dialogue. And it's really funny. The female version of Superbad. Highly recommend it.
    This movie was a complete rehash of Superbad and Fast Times. Even the cadence and delivery of the jokes was the same. Kinda sad . PASS
    We're evolving negatively. This shit no. Just no.
    I think if you made it past the first 10 minutes you may have noticed it has been ripped from Superbad. There is nothing new here except women and bad acting, watch the first 10 minutes if you make it past that point you may have fallen asleep. All around I give it a half of star for atleast being created.
    Finally an original high school comedy that not only delivers on the comedic elements but has a great heart at the end of it as well. From a directorial debut from Olivia Wilde, Booksmart tells the story of two girls who have worked all through the school career to get into the college of their dreams, But when they realize that not just amazing grades get you into the college that you’ve always wanted, they celebrate their last night of High School living it up. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, I laughed out loud quite a bit and thought the writing was very original after this type of film has been done many times before. Both are female leads are very relatable and also very modern to today’s society with heavy pro feminist traits. The entire ensemble all delivers memorable performances and no one feels left out. I’d like to think this film as a more sophisticated Mean Girls (2003). This movie is a perfect example but they’re still good ideas out there for high school comedies.
    A film that reaches to both teen and young adult audiences because it comprehends and amazingly portrays the problems every teen has been through at least once. You will feel the nostalgia of your young days when watching it. A modern-day Superbad.