Brahmastra Part One: Shiva

I think the vfx effects saved the movie.
    The VFX are absolute madness. The Story is also well written, but hoping to see a better story in coming parts.
    Entertaining movie specially SRK cameo. But needed to work on the story part a bit. Action and VFX are truly Hollywoodesque.
    So I finally watched Brahmastra yesterday and it wasn't as bad as I'd expected. In fact it set the stage nicely for what should be a pretty awesome sequel. More on that later though let's review what's just been released. So Ranbir plays Shiva who is s DJ with a secret past that not even he fully understands. He plays eyes on Isha ie Alia and it's love at first glance. So the usual boy meets girl courtship nonsense is interrupted by Shiva experiencing psychic visions of a scientist played by SRK being tortured then murdered. Directed by his visions he and Isha go to Varanasi to save an artist played by Nagarjuna Akkineni from the same killers. Doesn't quite work out. Finally they are directed by the artist to an Ashram where the Guru of the secret society both victims belong to resides played by the brilliant Mr Amitabh Bachan. Here Shiva learns the truth about his past (during which we see an image of his father, I have to say I'm almost certain Ranveer Singh is the actor portraying this character) and is trained to hone his skills to fight the war that's coming. There's a battle full of CGI and decent enough stunt work. So what did I think of it? Like I said at the outset I didn't expect much since the both the leads are eye candy and not known for the greatest dramatic feats but their performances were as good as I've ever seen them so well done I guess. The enigmatic Mr Bachan is excellent as always and lifts even the most dreary scenes with his brilliance. Nagarjuna is one of the most underrated actors in my opinion, I believe that he is the Telugu industries answer to Amithji and he proves it here with a performance that is powerful and simply astounding. The younger actors playing the students at the Ashram perform well enough and give us flashbacks of the last Airbender. Mouni Roy owns every scene she's in and oozes menace as the villain Junoon. The story isnt as tight as id have liked it to be but its saved by the impressive CGI which glosses over its shortcomings. The direction too isn't the greatest and Ayan should thank God he spent as much money as he did on the CGI. The music fits well into the movie but alone as an album doesn't impress all that much. So honestly a flawed effort that is saved by next level technical genius in the form of its CGI. I'd give it 7/10 Now what excites me about the possibilities in the Sequel. Firstly the character of Dev seems to be far more powerful and well etched out than the character of Shiva that we experience here. Amrita too seems way more influential Yoon the story than Isha is here. Yes we have lost the scientist and artist but the Guru is still around and any movie starring Amithji will have at least one quality performance in it. But most importantly that character of Dev, he's stocky not lanky. He has huge biceps and his chest looks powerful. His gut is in. Those 3 things immediately rule out Hritikh, Salman and Aamir. I'm 99% percent certain its Ranveer Singh that is playing Dev.
    Story is farfetched from reality, very boring and dragging,
    WATCH IT IN THEATERS! recommended for those who can actually understand movies...
    I have a question for everyone behind this movie......why? I felt like Aayan Mukherjee made a visual spectacle with some okish special effects , not a movie. Have you actually forgot how to make a good movie with a good storyline or script? I really loved your YJHD. At least I expected this to be a movie that actually entertains people and if this is what big makers expect people should pay for, then it is on its peril of this big franchises. Please bring your true craft BACK!
    Superb special effects great aztinh great music
    It's worth watching in theatre. Great movie. Don't listen to haters.
    I liked the movie . Some scene were boaring but song , actions , vfx , movie locations, back ground music was awesome. Story is not completed yet 2 more parts are yet to be released so i cant say story is bad. Story is very fresh and somthing different than other bollywood movies. 80% movie is awesome only 20% is weak . Must watch this movie . Its very intresting movie.