Breakthrough

Great movie. I highly recommend it to anyone.
    realmente buenisima 10/10
    Great tunes, enjoyable drama best for Sunday school. Chrissy is a brilliant, charming, funny mum. Full of Hopes, Miracles & Loves and revelation of God's plan.
    Based on the true story of John Smith a teen basketball star who while goofing around with his friends on the frozen lake, fell through the ice and technically drowned. This is a faith based movie where they believe that God was able to bring him back with a miraculous recovery. Movie itself is well acted and engaging, although for me personally it gets a bit preachy, but not unbearably.
    Based on the remarkable true story of a teen who falls through the ice and remained underwater in the near-freezing water temp for 15 minutes, the story actually had a double message: the teen's miraculous medical turnaround that defied any and all medical explanation, and the teen's heart turnaround from an arrogant, disrespectful young man to a purpose-driven, grateful young man after dealing with some difficult questions. Thought-provoking film deserves a bigger audience than it received.
    Like many faith-centric movies it tries to hard at almost everything and misses the mark. I continue to sample them despite these shortcomings in hopes they might overcome the pattern. Despite all of that the story was a tear-jerker.
    Quite the tearjerker all throughout. While I'm not usually a fan of overly religious films, this one does it well! It'll make you cry and give yourself the faith to survive anything you put your mind to. And just when you think the movie it over, it brings it to another level by introducing survivors remorse in a way it didn't need to, but I'm glad they did.
    A must see for those who are going through a hard time and need a little boost of faith and hope. A rotten tomato for those who don't need it but somehow still watch it anyway.
    The film based on a true story improves on it. The story is improved, the acting and special effects are great, the hero actor is great on the court. Very well done.
    Breakthrough is an uplifting movie, which makes it almost impossible to dislike. However, even though the true story is miraculous, the way the film unfolds is pretty predictable, and the acting is hit-and-miss. It could have also been a little shorter. Nevertheless, I found myself caught up in the plot a number of times and was impressed with the quality of the filmmaking.