Brightburn

Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Brightburn doesn't present a center character we feel for. The film has a good idea to start but it has filled with some horror cliches. Brandon is just pure evil without any motivation. Villains with a real motivation never worked and it doesn't work in Brightburn either. Overall it is a very disappointing movie
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    The best description I had heard of this was that it was like a β€˜what if Superman went bad as a kid' and I feel that is a fairly accurate description. Of course... who's to say he didn't? Superman is able to turn back time. I did feel it was kinda rushed along but there aren't many holes and you get the idea.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I have no idea why people gave this movie such grief: it is basically if Superman was sent here to kill us all: finally an interesting version of Superman. I imagine it is for the same reason Superman is boring, that he's invincible. The movie plays with a similar idea to Kryptonite, but unlike Lex Luthor, the people trying to stop Brightburn aren't genius enough to be prepared for the situation. I'm honestly looking forward to the sequel a lot: after a few years of hiding and being a serial killer, people hunt him out like Bigfoot and someone smart actually is somewhat prepared for him. There are a lot of recognizable faces, but no wow-factor other than Elizabeth Banks, who is actually over qualified for her part. I had a decent time with it, and will watch it again. Can recommend, but I think it's going to depend on how much of a Superman fan you are.
    I love everything about it. Straight to the point, exactly what I expected. Jackson A. Dunn was made for this role.. AwesomeπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    ''What if the Man of Steel was a problem child?'' That is essentially the question posited by the grim feature BRIGHTBURN. David Yarovesky's film, produced by James Gunn, didn't get much love from the critics. However, I positively adored this particularly dark twist on the Superman mythos, which exploits with often nasty pleasure the terrifying implications of a child possessing such powers. There has been an abundance of films featuring scary children in the last few years, and one can easily imagine that for a more recent generation of adults who are staying away from parenthood, the very concept of having a child is spine-chilling. Elizabeth Banks as the ersatz Martha Kent offers an amazing performance, as her feelings for her increasingly powerful and dangerous adopted son Brandon (a stunningly intense Jackson A. Dunn) get more and more complex and confused, up to the heart-breaking, inevitable conclusion. Unrelentingly somber and creepy, BRIGHTBURN is one of the best horror film of 2019.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    It was more gruesome than I was honestly expecting so it had a shock value to it. I honestly thought it was going to be stupid from the trailers, but finally watched it out of boredom and it was pretty good!!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Great movie, but to much gore. Not for KiDS. Very violent
    Full Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    This movie is bad, the plot sounds like it could be really good but they ruined it. The cgi is horrendous and the mom is brain dead. The only thing I like was the gore.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Cuando no hay escenas de suspenso, las cuales son pocas, solo quedan escenas de puro aburrimiento.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Brightburn coulda, shoulda, woulda been an incredible ride. Instead, it ends up a poorly acted and scripted, pointlessly sadistic, rushed, sloppy, and entirely unconvincing take as to the alt-Superman mythology; wherein the young "Clark" analog dismisses his loving upbringing to become a stalker/bully, serial killer, and presumably (following the film) mass murderer in very short order.