Brightburn

Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I didn't understand the whole movie. I'm a horror movie nerd, and this movie wasn't that good as I thought I was going to be.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    Brightburn was a good move. Sure it had some cheesy parts of time, but I never felt bored. I hope for the sequel.
    Missed this in the theaters, finally got to see it on Netflix. I thought it was pretty good, a solid "What If" about Superman like character ending being evil instead of good. Some good jump scares, but some really good horror also. The ending allows for a sequel to be made, I hope they go out and do it.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    An evil Superman this film has been described as. Some really cool and violent action scenes however a lack of character development in particular of the young lead could of been explained further to enhance the story.
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    So many holes in the already miniscule plot.could've been so much better. Then once the story seems to get started it Abruptly ends.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Entertaining to a degree but bit of a let down.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    It was disappointing. I guess I didn't like the two GOTG films for a reason, I just dislike James Gunn's stuff.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I will dab on them haters and say I like this film. The deaths are brutal and that is what you need in a horror film The only problem with the film is that it didn't feel like a horror film. There is one or two jumpscares in the film, but that was it. But the deaths were BRUTAL also it played "bad guy" at the end which made more comedic and maybe have a low budget feel, but go see it if you want see brutal deaths by evil superman without ice breath but has no weaknesses I don't believe it helped screen gems (the distributor) to a comeback. But I do want to see what troll court (the studio that made brightburn) does next. Go see it
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    It was lacking in much needed character development. The idea was there, but they forced it. Imagine Clark Kent bullied, picked on, different, and fed up. That's what I wanted to see. I did not want the Exorcist. But the thing that really pulled me out of the experience was whenever the characters made ABSOLUTE STUPID decisions. They did things that made no logical sense. The only purpose was to further the plot. One character in particular. If you watch the film you'll know who I'm talking about.
    This has well-placed gore in the superhero genre reimagined! Why would they always be American heroes? What if...