Brightburn

Full Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Excesivamente cliché y muy predecible
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    It's Superman, but bad. Literally.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    It's refreshing to see a different take on the superhero genre. There's just very little meat on the bones to become emotionally invested with the characters. Plenty of suspense, but the lack of narrative depth leaves Brightburn feeling underdeveloped.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Super brutal and definitely not for kids. But still a badass movie. I really enjoyed this eerie, much more sinister retelling of the Superman archetypal storyline. It's not for the faint of heart. I'd say if you crossed Superman and The Omen and bred it with with an alien from hell, that would be the product Brightburn was spawned from.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I think this was a pretty brilliant idea. A few aspects might have been better executed, but making the origin story of superman and altering it by one interesting detail. The detail being that instead of being good, Superman is pure evil. This was grim and dark. I could see why little wimps that grew up on PG13 made for big box office dribble might find the harshness of it too hard to handle, but I think this movie is a winner. Indeed, what if Superman had the same powers but were purely evil? Well done. I may have to revisit this!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Pretty good actually.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    A nice change to the superhero film formula. Its only letdown is that it's quite predictable.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Much more could've been done with this concept; a lengthier runtime with more focus on character development and backstory could've achieved that. But it's clear they were strictly going for a straight forward gory horror flick. It's evil Superman like everyone says. It serves its purpose in terms of disposable fun and cheap thrills but it's nothing memorable or substantial.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Well, that made my skin crawl. No more of this theme please.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    A perfectly serviceable supervillain origin story.