Brightburn

Brightburn's horrific turn on the Superman mythos lacks motivation, suggesting a crudely xenophobic take on an old American fable about immigration.
    Other than the obvious fact that the movie was trying to set up for a sequel I'm a fan of the reality that nobody could realistically stop Brandon from terrorizing Brightburn, I walked into the movie expecting Brandon to waltz through everything and everyone in his path, and he didn't disappoint. I just hope he doesn't get toned down in the eventual sequel.
    For the most part, the superhero-horror genre combo works. I do think it might have been more effective going with one genre or the other with the same premise of a kid who is different turning bad. The “what if” idea that a supernatural being doesn’t use his abilities for good was very intriguing. We can be thankful Superman learned to counter his anger and frustration with responsibility rather than cruelty. Some wonky dialogue and rushed points hold it back from being great, but overall a solid film with a unique premise
    Pointless. If you've seen the Twilight Zone shows where the boy makes anyone he doesn't like disappear then you've seen this movie. At least it had a point as a Twilight Zone episode. Here it's just a waste of time.
    This is a unique look at the Superman origin story from the alternative narrative based upon the premise that Superman came to Earth as a baby and developed aggressive tendencies when hit hit puberty. It raises some interesting questions about how a parent would deal with a modest teenager if that teenager had extra powers and was filled with aggression. This is pretty good. It descends into a violent thriller. The acting is good, especially on the boy's part. The premises is unique. The Directing and Cinematography are good. In a strange way you feel like this is the more likely truth if an alien kid came here as a baby and was trying to figure out his coming of age. This becomes pretty gruesome at parts.
    Interesting. This Story would, in Theory, be a far more likely trajectory than Superman's trajectory could ever be. An omnipotent being with the mind of a 12 year old. This can only end in disaster. When is part 2 coming? Where's Batman when you need him? *laughs*
    There is a lot of silliness but much more smart things than your regular horror movie. There is a bit too much gore too quickly for a bad animal but how slow can you be when you have only 90 minutes? They also use something to trigger the madness, to explain it. That was chilling. Reminded me of Silence of the lambs.
    An embarrassing experience, just plain BAD! Avoid like the plague
    Brightburn runs into the same problem as Superman. The character needs a weakness. If you don't have one the story doesn't go anywhere. Brandon doesn't have a weakness. So where will the story go, how can there be growth if there is no challenge to overcome? There can't be, so there wasn't.
    I thought it was a very interesting take (and probably more realistic outcome) on the "Superman" premise. It's dark and gory, and I think it's definitely worth a watch.