Brightburn

Great concept. Just didn't deliver like it should have.
    No, just no. It's a wannabe horror mixed with a wannabe anti-superhero movie, that doesn't stick either landings. I kept expecting a clever twist or turn that never happened, which is frankly the only thing that stopped me from turning this thing off mid way through.
    The film doesn't know if it wants to be a suspanse or an action film, but it turns out to be fun and with a good direction by David Yarovesky.
    I really enjoyed the, probably more truthful, angle on what if superman was real and the clear similarities, farm, kansas etc. I didn't really see the need for the gore elements though, played out more like a Bmovie horror flick and I think that detracted from the very clever concept. I mean the guy ripping his jaw off on the steering wheel then waking up jaw hanging off?!... just didn't add anything to the movie at all!!! Hopefully they make a second to it and tone down the low brow gore as conceptually, it's up there.
    Warning: Spoilers ahead. Formulaic horror movie, but with a new premise: What if Superman grew up evil ? Good acting. Story could have been extended a bit. Last scene should have exploited the boy's weakness some more. Make it more intense, give the audience some hope for a bit longer, before you snuff it out. So, not so bad. I'd say better than fiascos like Birds of Prey.
    Really liked this. I'm not a comic book/superhero movie guy, but I am a horror fan and I loved this mash of the 2, probably mostly because it's an antihero, not a superhero! A few really greatly done murder scenes, super gory and bloody
    This film had a great concept, but executes it poorly. It tries to be a horror superhero film and ends up being neither.
    Was okay, good idea, bad execution. Didn't get attached to the characters enough to be invested which is a shame
    Taught me the importance of the evil of children
    An interesting idea - basically, what if Superman had been bad? But ultimately unsatisfying.