Bullet Proof

A total wast of two hours. The plot was awful. The acting, apart from the pregnant lady (Lina Lecompte) and the actor that played The Frenchman, (Janvier Katabarwa) was awful. Vinnie Jones was himself. As the heralded 'star' his screen time was roughly half the movie and he did nothing but shout, hit, people with knuckle dusters, a couple of conciliatory speeches of how he wanted his wife back and have his baby. The Thief (James Clayton) who occupied 90% of the screen time, was saying his lines in the same tone whether he was being hunted down, being hit, being nice, and forgetting most of the time to hold his hand over his bleeding stomach, his bleeding head and his bleeding arm. The whole thing seemed amateurish and it made me wonder how it ever found the money needed to get a wide cinema distribution. For a fast paced, action packed 'thriller, for the most part was as entertaining as watching a tortoise cross a road. The actions of everyone connected with the film hardly made sense. As for the ending....... let me just say, thank goodness it did.
    Some good action, but holy junks this is the C movie of the year. terrible acting, terrible casting... And yes, I'm sure "The Frenchman" drives a 1996 V6 Mustang...
    Cheap drama in a bag of trust, nothing special; just lame CGIs with common senses left at home...
    It's very cool to see an independent action flick coming out of Canada. Nicely coordinated fight scenes with cheeky humor in-between. There are some really great supporting performances in this flick!
    For a low budget action flick i was pretty entertained. Some solid sequences , the opener is tight. Vinnie Jones is always engaging. Might not win any awards but overall a pretty decent popcorn movie.
    Really solid all-around. The movie checks off a lot of boxes without trying to do too much. Everything was well thought out and it came out great. Lots of great performances. Not a fake review so, slag off haters.
    Such a fun watch! Highly recommend
    Absolutely nothing! I have watched two or three films with VJ and I wonder WHY he states that his profession is ACTOR. Absolute rubbish, every one of them. Don't waste your time w it this.
    What is it with every Vinnie Jones film and all the blatant high fake reviews? It's a pattern with Vinnie. I am a fan, but he needs to realize that his viewers aren't dumb, and the insult to their intelligence will give him just as many 1's for all those 10/10's. And that's a shame, because I actually really enjoyed this one. It's one of the better B films I've seen in a while, and the best part is that this is actor, producer and newb co-writer James Clayton's directorial debut - as well as starring in his own film, and he did not disappoint. His directing, along with the great cinematography, was actually impressive for his debut. It's hard to pull off a film wearing too many hats even for a seasoned filmmaker, let alone a newb. The writing did have its typical genre cliches, but also had some refreshing ideas and actual funny dry humor that made us laugh out loud. Sure there were some expected rookie filmmaker mistakes like some plot and technical issues, but overall for a B film, it was still top-shelf. The score in almost every B film is usually loud, overbearing, constant and unfitting, but this film's score was spot on and impressive with a cool soundtrack. The 81 min runtime flew by with excellent pacing and constant action and suspense. Clayton's performance was outstanding, as was newb actress Lina Lecompte in her only (you'd never guess) fifth ever acting credit. For that matter all casting and performances were excellent and convincing, especially considering Clayton was cast-directing and acting at the same time. It's a shame the overall rating wont be accurate with all the shill 10/10's and undeserving 1/10's, but for me, it's a well deserved 8/10. I hope Clayton leaving the door open for a sequel happens soon, just keep the Vinnie Review Club away from this site.
    What a fun ride. The opening sequence blew me away!