Bullet to the Head

"Hill's eye for back alley scuzz is as strong as ever, but the story, adapted from a French graphic novel by Alexis Nolent, is so die-cut it gives neither him nor Stallone anything to work with."
‑ J. R. Jones, Chicago Reader
"Sylvester Stallone shoots people in the face. That's it for subtext in this formula action swill. Why do I sound like I should expect more. Because the credits list the director as Walter Hill."
‑ Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
"The movie's titled Bullet to the Head, what the heck do you think it's going to be?"
‑ Travis Hopson, Examiner.com
"Walter Hill's Bullet to the Head is a gritty and tough throwback to times when action films were simple, fun and still considered entertaining and worth the money."
‑ Jeremy Lebens, We Got This Covered
"The roar dies into a hollow echo, the growl gets gutturally one-note and the grit becomes B-movie background. Has too scuzzy a heart to pump out a deep throb of action. Peel this one back and you get more pit than pulp."
‑ Brian Gibson, Vue Weekly (Edmonton, Canada)
"On its own degenerate terms, the movie works."
‑ David Edelstein, Vulture
"Bullet to the Head doesn't try to adapt its star to 2013. It just pretends that we're still living in 1986. And for 91 minutes, it just about works."
‑ Chris Nashawaty, Entertainment Weekly
"It says "revenge never gets old." Yeah, but Sylvester Stallone did. Yikes."
‑ Paul Chambers, Movie Chambers
"As unsubtle as its title, this action film is repetitive and packed with silly cliches that should be put to sleep."
‑ John Hanlon, Big Hollywood
"The film could be summed by its product placement for Bulleit Bourbon, treated like a rare luxury when it's actually $20 a bottle at Trader Joe's; director Walter Hill serves this inexpensive, everyday material with a serious flourish."
‑ Richard von Busack, MetroActive
"It's a series of fight scenes that build to a climax that is surprisingly unsatisfying in the way it ultimately plays out."
‑ James Berardinelli, ReelViews
"Stallone can still be entertaining, but here he's got no character to play, nothing fun to say, and the craziest hair/hairpiece/scalp growth this side of John Travolta."
‑ Alonso Duralde, The Wrap
"A big, dumb action film that charges forward believing Stallone is charismatic enough to sell even bad writing. He's not."
‑ Forrest Hartman, Reno Gazette-Journal
"Nothing to write home about, but with some decent fight sequences, good stunts, and amusing banter between Stallone and Kang. No need to rush out to the cineplex, although worthwhile to catch on-demand later this year."
‑ Elias Savada, Film Threat
"At its ridiculous best Bullet reminds us why we liked Stallone in the first place. But time has moved on, for him and for us and there's a point where looking back this way stops being entertaining and starts to become sad."
‑ Joshua Starnes, ComingSoon.net