Come Away

What a waist of time
    this was a fun story for the family
    A modern twist of 2 charming tales. A balanced mix of good and evil, whimsy and seriousness, fantasy and realism. If you have a good imagination, this movie should delight your senses.
    Fairy dust enchants us so much that sometimes we forget that fairy tales aren't entirely sparkly dreams, but daring and brave adventures. In this reimagining of Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pans origin stories, Alice and Peter are siblings navigating a terrible loss. It's a beautifully told story with unique twists but great nods back to the original texts. We've got a full parent review with discussion questions at down the hobbit hole blog. It's an incredibly sad and moving story but there are handfuls of hopeful fairy dust sprinkled throughout the film and the ending. If you've enjoyed remakes, like the newer Alice in Wonderlands and Finding Neverland- this is one you will not want to miss! It's a really creative drama with a lot of heart!
    A captivating tale of family and tragedy told beautifully in a fantastically magical movie.
    Very slow. Very dry. Violent for kids. I’m not really sure what the target audience was???
    This looks like a movie I would love: populated with actors whose work I respect and enjoy, two wonderful leads with three gorgeous children, but it never comes together. The opening sequence is bursting with energy and abandon -- and even an arrow fired that one child looks at as possibly-not-funny. Unfortunately, that same kind of energy and exuberance never repeats. The lovely period costumes and hairdos wear the actors, and everything feels careful -- as if borrowed from someone who wouldn't be forgiving if anything was broken. This is a sad missfire, because I love the proposal and the cast is very promising. Unfortunately, director Brenda Chapman's magic touch with animation (BRAVE, PRINCE OF EGYPT) fails to coalesce.
    This was a waste of money! My daughter and I were completely confused the whole way through hoping that it leads up to our expectations. It never did! Even the make believe imaginative story was confusing. So disappointing
    Too childish for adults, too boring for children. No idea what on earth this is, doesn't even make an ounce of sense.
    This is a superb and moving drama with fantasy elements, which dives into some dark and emotionally heavy-subjects - and explores them with commanding perfection.