Dark Phoenix

This film is very much a family drama rather than a summer blockbuster, so it’s a shame the creative was ignored and the studio pushed it as such. As a huge fan of the first class series, I loved it, even though it has issues. As a next chapter of these character’s journeys it’s emotionally rewarding. As a finale to the Fox series, it’s unfortunate this is where it ended. But I’d still take the cancelled follow up to this film over any MCU film not directed by the Russo brothers any day.
    Not terrible, it gets the point across well and tells the story it wanted to, it just needed a better runtime to really cover everything in the most accomplished way. And maybe a brighter and less cynical atmosphere.
    Immemorable. You'll watch it again 5 years later not sure if you've seen it, only to start remembering well past the half point that you indeed did see it.
    The plot was strange and never caught my interest. The special effects & action segments were okay.
    I don't usually put reviews up but considering how much negative reviews this movie received I thought it was worth throwing it in that I genuinely enjoyed it!
    Massive disappointment. How can you possibly screw up the same amazing story from the comics TWICE.
    It had some cool moments but overall it was disappointing
    I don't have too many issues with the movie itself, the story was fine. However, they needed Magneto HARD and maybe I'm biased but I feel like he could have done much more if he hadn't been so undersold.
    Jean Gray is not a good villain and all of her development in Apocalypse is ruined. James McAvoy is still amazing, but the overall plot is just bad, the subplot with the weird aliens ruins the movie, also Mystique dying was sad but Hank's motivations for switching sides was not good. I haven't talked about it much but Magneto was great throughout all 3 movies that I've seen (Still need to watch Days of Future Past). Also Quicksilver was great in the 2 other movies but underutilized in this one.
    Undercooked but fun and still has charm. The energy between cast still shines brightly in spots (but a few have given up). While this was an attempt to redo a previous failed entry, this also fails in terms of scale (for legal reasons). It does try to correct those wrongs with a pinch of outspace to pay homage to the comic origins but to no avail. Still, fun moments for fans of this reboot series.