Dark Phoenix

This is not a bad movie, and it's definitely better than Wonder Woman 1984. The reviews were totally unfair. I'm never using rotten tomatoes to decide whether to watch a movie again.
    Worst one in the series! They need to get away from Jean Grey! X-Men have way better characters, far more interesting than her to base movies off of. Even J-Law couldn't save this one 😭 So over the whole Dark Phoenix.
    Well, just dont think about it too much and it would not be the worst movie ever.
    The movie is not bad, but it is not big things. It seemed to me more like a farewell to the X-Men franchise without willpower, with an uninspired film. But it is fun and entertaining.
    This film just couldn't decide what story it wanted to tell. None of the characters feel important even though they try really hard to tell you they're important because family. Action scenes were kind of exciting, but poorly choreographed compared to other superhero movies. Here's the film summed up into three paragraphs... Jean Grey has a broken childhood, which sounds like enough to explain her uncontrollable power except the writers needed a device to explain the aliens trying to take over Earth. Enter cosmic flare that Jean absorbs to make her powers more uncontrollable, except it's sort of like she just got hit in the head really hard and awoke some suppressed memories, but the aliens are super important! The aliens need a new home and are strong enough to control the cosmic power that Jean Grey can't control because, they don't have emotions. However, Jean's still stronger than them because, emotions make you strong and not weak, which is a theme of the movie that we're blatantly told at the very end. SUBPLOT! Professor X is an egotistical jerk and probably a misogynist because girl power always saves the X-Men (paraphrase quote by Raven est. 15mins in) - except Kurt (Nightcrawler) who basically only uses his power to save people throughout the entire film. Back to Professor X. He and his buddies on Capital Hill have a good thing going... UNTIL THEY DON'T! The military gets involved, causing a lot of casualties and it's the mutants' fault, but there's a resolution at the end that makes everything peaceful again, right? Whatever that resolution is, we'll have to wait for the next X-Men film, but don't worry about the end-credits scene spoiling anything because there isn't one. Hank (Beast) is only in the film for a revenge plot after Raven (Mystique) is killed while Jean suffers from migraine. Magneto is triggered by this because he and Mystique used to hang out like three movies ago, so he's willing to risk the safety of all his mutant friends on some random island the US government gave him just to kill Jean with Beast. Cyclops is basically just in the movie to say "Jean!" enough times to turn the film into a drinking game. Finally, there's no iconic Quicksilver scene - sorry to all the Evan Peters fans out there; he's barely in the film, but don't let that discourage you from sitting through two hours of hollow nothingness to get to his funny "no running in the halls!" joke at the end...
    not a single X-Men Was worth watching. they ruined every character from the comic book. they did ridiculous things while making a character strong one minute and weak the next with no explanation. just horrible
    filme ruim uma merda fox nao entragava filme dos x men digino foda quarteto fantastico da fox era uma merda fox nao se precupava e te entregar uma historia era só interesse comerical
    I skipped this movie because of all the bad reviews but finally watched it on HBOmax. I was surprised that it was so much better than I expected. Strong script, acting, action and visual effects. Definitely better than the previous film in the sequence. Definitely worth viewing!
    Maybe I saw this with so little expectations that I actually think is not as bad as everybody said it was. After finishing it I thought it was better than X-men Apocalypse but I just looked and I gave Apocalypse a good rating... what was I thinking. Sad that I didn't review that one so I could remember what thoughts and feelings were in my mind. Well back to Dark Phoenix, it is not that bad, it is very long and boring and dull at moments, but never unwatchable, villains are not interesting they were not well developed. The movie has a lot of Xavier and Magneto which is the best part of X-men since Wolverine is gone. The deep problem is why do rhey decided to tell again the story of Dark Phoenix? They should have done other story. The son of Magneto is completely forgotten in this one, sadly. One of the worst problem of this movie is the complete lack of joy, fun or humor on the script, everything is so dark. For much that I am starting to hate Marvel movies formula at least they can get 1 or 2 laughs from me and keep the Serotonin flowing, this one lack that. For a movie so long it also feels rushed, somehow this storyline might work better in a Series form with air to breath and time to develop the characters. I really needed to pour this thoughts because in less than a year I will have forgotten about this movie for sure. My mind keeps movimg between a 2.5 and 3 stars, but looking back there is not a memorable scene that stands out.
    This movie has more problems than I could list here. Characters' motivations were either overly simple or nonsensical. I found myself jolted out of the narrative the lack of coherent plot development. It's really hard to understand why, after the unfortunate mess of X-Men: The Last Stand, such a complex and loved story wasn't headed by a competent creative *team* rather than allowing one person to write, direct, and produce.