Decision to Leave

Intrigante, peculiar, envolvente… uma aula de cinema. Um filme de metáforas destruidoras! 5 estrelas
    A boring exercise in style. There was no chemistry between the leads and the movie was stretched out and convoluted.
    I felt no chemistry or emotional resonance.
    Decision To Leave is a film riddled with symbolism stemming from one quote delivered by the film's femme fatale, "Confucius said, "The wise love the water, the benevolence the mountains." I am not benevolent. I like the sea." Also, this film had beautiful shot compositions. Even though I didn't love this film as much as The Handmaiden, Decision To Leave has left me thinking about the relationship between the mountains and the sea, as mentioned in the quote.
    This would have been great if itbhad stopped at the end of the main detective story. But the addition of a long rambling end section ruined it for me.
    A beautifully and peotic heartbreaking story with amazing writing, directing and acting.
    loved it! ending was a bit underwhelming but genius
    Mais um espetáculo de cinema sul coreano. Uma "comédia romântica" extremamente diferenciada. Clima de suspense, tensão, drama, comédia e investigação policial em doses precisas. Qualidade técnica e atuações impecáveis. Final surpreendente.
    Well shot, directed, and acted. Otherwise it was pretty forgettable for me. The third act drags you along when the film made you expect the climax to have been at the end of the second act. I kept waiting for it to end.
    Fairly decent film but very confusing, with the hype around the movie I was expecting a lot more. Some covert humor which takes some intelligence to get. Had to find a what did that mean explainer to get what happened towards the end.