Dream Horse

It is a bit slow and predictable at times, but overall a very interesting movie with great structure.
    A great feel good story and a happy ending
    Heart warming - well acted - quality true story
    Nice to see a movie with a happy ending!
    Feel good well directed movie!! Great first after Covid movie!!
    Amazing! Everyone should see this film. It reminds us all to keep dreaming and striving for greatness. Despite setbacks we cant let our fears hold us back. We can and will succeed if we never give up.
    Just loved this feel good movie!
    A horse is as alive as its four legs. A true story about a woman who bred a racehorse with little experience and got her neighborhood to work together to get the horse to race. It's a familiar underdog story where a newcomer overcame challenges and won the big prize. Jan, played by Toni Collette, and her husband had a calm and boring life. However, when Jan got the idea of getting a horse, her life and others became more exciting. Toni Collette was again great in her role as Jan. The relationship between her character and the horse was sweet and endearing. Even though the race brought excitement to the characters, for Jan she wanted the best for the horse. The best part of the movie was probably the races. They were very well-handled with great camera angles. I felt as much excitement and anxiety as the Jan and the syndicate members did. When the races ended, I was relieved and happy for the horse as well as the group. My problem here was that the characters were mostly straightforward. They were pretty typical of the characters in this type of movie. Also, the stakes were not high enough for me to care for the characters. I didn't feel like our main characters had to go through much troubles to get the racehorse. Because of this, the emotion wasn't strong for me. Overall, a sweet story but a familiar one that I won't remember for long. 7/10
    Great characters and a heartwarming story. Hard to believe it is true.
    Great, fun, upbeat, feel good movie.