Dumbo

I still cried like a baby, but when I went home I rewatched the original and cried even more. Personally I liked the original one more.
    some movies dont need a live action remake like this one
    An amazing visual spectacle by Tim Burton but without any soul. The CGI is good, the performances too (a really well known cast), the movie is cute and they try to put this time new scenes a little more gaudy than the original. Although it's an empty movie, I think it entertains people; some may find it boring and others may find it a bit violent (this remake shows scenes of the elephant being mauled and reflects to animal violence, so I think parents should be aware). There are worse remakes.
    It's OK, and thankfully they couldn't race swap Dumbo
    Ah it's a Dumbo movie. Not the best movie to watch. It was pretty dull and boring.
    There are things you can do it and get away with in animation that when you transfer the live action it's just not as good
    I liked the CGI animation in this film, it was really quite visually impressive. This film is undoubtedly a slightly darker version of the original animated film plotline but the emphasis is on slightly - hence the PG (parental guidance) rating, compared to the original films U (Universal - suitable for all) rating. There are scenes where Dumbo is mistreated - nothing especially violent but mildly scary in tone for very young kids perhaps. The other characters are very slightly dark in tone as well, generally I suppose. I liked the casting with Colin Farrell playing Holt Farrier, a soldier who was formerly a circus owner and who tries to do good for Dumbo. Its certainly a different type of role for Farrell, compared to the usual action/thriller films he tends to appear in. I thought he did well portraying that character and I also liked Danny DeVito as the ring leader, Max Medici. The film is surprisingly tense and quite engrossing and so I'd recommend it on that basis, although it isn't quite the same as the original cartoon film but I suppose its unlikely it would have been anyway and its certainly not without its own charms.
    Live-Action 'Dumbo' isn't even worth it for Colin Farrell, Michael Keaton OR Danny DeVito
    Not good without talking elephants and singing birds. It's just NOT a must see....kids will probably like it though....if they haven't seen the original
    You'll believe an elephant is expensive CGI.