Dumbo

It's fine, I personally prefer it from the original cuz it feels more structured
    This movie deserves better reviews. The original in my opinion, wasn’t that good because of its one hour slow plot. But this remake has good actors and actresses star in an amazingly better film, although it might be a bit too much sometimes.
    This is one of the very few movies that made me cry one of the best movies ever. However many people say it wasn't as detailed in the story as the original film but this is some what true but this version of the film is a new take on the original story and it is live action so I wasn't expecting it to be as a amazing as the original but it was a very good film would recommend if you like Disney classic films that are simple but overall good but not great film would have given 4 stars but I I can't change my rating.
    I loved this film! Yes, it's lacks the heart of the first film. However, I love the approach Tim Burton brought to the film with his signature style! I believe this film is underrated and is a must see view for any Disney fan!
    Sottovalutato. Sarà che di questo film tengo un ricordo positivo, capisco che ha poco dello spirito e del materiale originale, ma va bene così. Questo Dumbo con Burton alla regia vuole essere qualcosa di nuovo e per me c'è riuscito.
    The concept is fairly simple, but dumbo just doesn't translate well into live action and the original animated version is perfect. The story and acting although adequate is completely eclipsed by the AWFUL art style. Everything looks as depressing as a hot gray room with 500 damp, sour socks nailed to the walls to dry.
    Too many gaps left in the story in what was already a 2 hour movie.
    After taking on Alice In Wonderland years prior for Disney, Tim Burton directed Dumbo, another live-action remake of one of the studio's own animated classics. The original Dumbo was released way back in 1941 so, while it remains a brilliant film and one of Disney's best, a remake may not have been all that necessary but it was at least understandable in this instance. Tim Burton being no stranger to live-action remakes (and creepy circus settings), he was an obvious choice to direct, plus his unique visual style seemed like a good fit. The film opens promisingly with a lively Casey Jr. steam train montage in which Danny Elfman's joyful score shines as we are introduced to Max Medici's (Danny DeVito) circus at its most successful. Cut to years later and the circus is struggling to generate the interest it used to so Medici purchases a pregnant elephant in order to present a brand new show. Meanwhile, ex-performer and WWI veteran Holt Farrier (Colin Farrell), who lost an arm during the war, returns to his family and is hired by Medici to take care of the elephants. When the surprisingly big-eared titular animal is born, this throws a wrench into Medici's plans and young Dumbo struggles to fit in. Soon enough, Dumbo is separated from its mother and the circus is bought by V. A. Vandevere (Michael Keaton), a flashy amusement park owner with his own plans for Dumbo. Burton being a champion of outsiders perceived as strange to the world in his movies, he handles Dumbo's more tragic moments very well, along with the elephant's sweet relationship with Farrier's kids, and he throws a good amount of weirdness at us, without overdoing it. Some scenes recreated from the original hit the mark (Dumbo's clown show, Casey Jr., Dumbo's mother getting locked up) while others don't ("Pink Elephants On Parade" is a disappointment) so, as far as live-action Disney remakes of their own animated classics go, this is about as good as most of them: not bad but not great either. While Burton himself shows a lack of care in some parts of the film, it's the writing that really prevents this one from being great: Ehren Kruger's script is often too bloated, too full of plot-holes and too inept to carry what should have been a pretty simple story. By the end, the film seems to have forgotten what elephants are, how bubbles work and what the film was about in the first place. There was a truly brilliant remake in there somewhere but the structure of Tim Burton's Dumbo is too weak to pull it off. There are good scenes, appealing visuals and fun performances to be found, Dumbo himself is cute, but by the time the messy third act hits, you'll just be flashing back to how good the original was. Sweet but uneven.
    One of the few movies which Disney failed on. Not as good as expected at all. Story is very dragging long also
    Dumbo (2019) for me is my favorite Disney live action, and the company's sixth favorite film, behind "The Emperor's New Groove", "Leroy & Stitch", "The Princess and the Frog", "Aladdin and the king of thieves" and "wreck it ralph". I think live action is better than animation, I thought it was great to have human characters and transform the ringmaster into a hero, and the new villain VA Vandervere is one of Disney's best villains, and the ending is very beautiful with Dumbo saying goodbye to his friends, I give this film 10/10.