Elemental

Great Pixar visuals that really bring the "feeling" of each element. It does not explore in a great way the possibilities of the theme when it comes to the storytelling.
    Super sweet and clever. Not the intense emotional journey we expect from Pixar, but lovely nonetheless.
    Loved this movie, so heartwarming. Great family movie. We've already watched it a few times in the last couple of weeks.
    A new perspective and beautiful story of immigration, acceptance, and parental love.
    I honestly think that people hate on this movie too much. Because Elemental is a really good movie. It's just not outstanding or anything like that. 7/10.
    O problema dessa animação é que justamente por ser uma animação da pixar, se torna previsível e consequentemente impossível de se emocionar, uma relação forçada e apressada e temas com problemas familiares que, já vimos parecido em outros filmes. Não tira o fato da animação ser muito bonita, mas falha em trazer uma história diferente do comum com conclusões previsíveis e falha em trazer emoções pra cenas.
    I thought the movie was beautifully made. The graphics and design elements were gorgeous almost feeling like you are in a dream. I loved the element concept and how they tied it to the city, environment and magical talents the characters had. It was also a perfect parallel to the cultural storytelling of the movie. These movies are targeted to younger audiences with the intent to also have adults enjoy. When reading all the reviews, I believe people forget that. I found Elemental to be a beautiful way to show openness to others and collaboration above ego without preaching.
    Highlights generational expectations in immigrant families. It was incredible and resonated with me very much. Absolutely loved it! Was definitely in tears and amazing story told…
    Awful, unoriginal, boring, and lazy.
    The characteristics and jokes of the elemental characters were very creative, but the plot was very common. Pixar has accustomed the audience to receiving stories that present unique perspectives and change the way they look at life, but this one was nothing new. It's an acceptable story for a regular animated film, but it's impossible to watch a Pixar film without expecting more than that. Furthermore, the film's visuals were beautiful, but extremely cluttered, with a lot of things happening at the same time and the characters never stopping moving for a single second, which makes it difficult to stay focused on the plot.