Elvis

This film is more than just a film, it's an experience. The way it seamlessly moves from one scene to the next through music transports you through the years with Elvis
    This was remarkable and honesty I don't think they should ever make another Elvis movie after this one… That's how good it was in my opinion
    Terrific film and Austin Butler should win Best Actor for his spot on portrayal and commitment to each and every scene. Even better the second time I saw it and have become a true fan of Elvis' music.
    Whether you like them or not, I appreciate a director who has a style that immediately tells you that you're watching one of their movies. Baz Luhrmann is one of those directors. Although he's hit or miss for most (a hit for me), you can't deny that the montage mash-ups with (oftentimes) musical numbers that don't match the time period are fun. Austin Butler as Elvis Pressley is phenomenal. The "King of Rock & Roll" is probably the easiest icon in American history to turn into a caricature, which I was afraid would happen here. As a true biopic (only leaving out Elvis' death), we see the singer from childhood to his initial appearances to the pinnacle, fall, addictions, etc., etc. — I haven't watched any of the inevitable "historical inaccuracies" YouTube vids yet, but if what is shown here is even mostly true, we all owe Elvis an apology. Dirt poor in dirt poor Mississippi, Elvis was a product of his environment, which he embraced, not some precursor to Vanilla Ice. To tell the story through a character close to the protag instead of the protag himself/herself is common, but the casting of Tom Hanks as Colonel Tom Parker, the man who "made" Elvis, took some getting used to. It's a long one (159 mins), which seems excessive for a biopic, but it's also Elvis. The film portrays Elvis as a complicated figure (as biopics always try to do) who, somehow, was truly concerned about his legacy.
    Quite a ride! Quite a ride, I dare say! Strap yourself in baby!
    Elvis is phenomenal, it is for sure the best picture and best actor of the year. My favorite scene the rehearsal of Elvis with the band at the International Hotel show. Love it I can watch that scene over and over. The whole film is a masterpiece biopic.
    I’ve seen this film twice and love it. Elvis was my first Ivón/hero, and Baz Luhrmann and Austin Butler do his larger-than-life story justice, with great style, energy and power. Recommend!
    Butler is just perfect in this role. You get a slightly glossy look at the star, but it also tackles some difficult material. A few scenes drift from reality a bit too much but overall, it is fantastic.
    Although the film is very fast paced in its editing, it matches the mood of the music and the whirl wind career of the late ELVIS. Austin Butler is transformed into the king and for a little while we feel what it's like to be in such awe of talent, in a way that was felt at the time of his reign. It makes one a fan of ELVIS if only for the run time of the film. We see the humanity and the fantasy. The reality and what could have been. A cautionary tale for artists who don't take agency over their finances and only do what they do best. Be an artist. This is also true of the director, whose theatrical opulence drips into every clever transition through the Kings life, and the music that made him what he is still now. It's wonderful to see what a generous and innovative man Elvis truly was. It's a long film that you will want to watch again and again. A rare thing in the movies being put out lately.
    Elvos Prosley - Light 7/10