Exhuma

Highly enjoyable, would love to see if this becomes a series.
    I really really liked this film. The acting was great. The story was fun and visual. It is an extremely well made film. It might have helped to know more about the Japanese invasion of Korea before seeing the film but... what can I say? You live and you learn! A film about Shamanism and Occult science in regard to the 5 elements is right up my alley. I am a fan of Choi Min-Sik having seen "Old Boy" and "Lady Vengeance", "I saw the Devil" and "Lucy." This is by far my favorite film of his. Even though his character is kept plenty busy, you can see that he is so subtly pissed off throughout the movie- like "Why did I listen to these young kids and not trust my instincts when I was making a fortune selling burial plots and scaring a bunch of rich people into giving me their money?!" His other partners in crime especially Kim Go-Eun are equally great in it as well. Even though the story and circumstances are intense, these actors looked like they were having a good time making the film- and the overall feeling is contagious. SPOILER ALERT! The last shot of Min-Sik's character is hilarious! He is either just upset that his daughter is marrying someone who is not Korean(!), or he also suspects that the supernatural powers of this reincarnated Japanese general are not quite done with him and his cohorts! Either way the cast make the film an enjoyable experience. This is a film I want to see again, because I feel I missed quite a few deeper meanings. Getting passed the horror element, it is clear that one viewing is not enough.
    Loved it. Kdramas are always different. The writing and acting are great! Some of the shots that were done with the camera were amazing. So glad I got to see in a theater!
    I enjoyed this movie. From the trailers, I came into this thinking it would be scarier but overall it was a good story. I would recommend others to watch.
    So good. I can def see why it's doing so well in several different countries
    The movie was absolutely amazing. There were a few scenes that got me really scared. All four leads were fantastic but it was Kim Go Eun's ritual scene that really stood out for me..it's the scene that makes me want to watch the movie over and over again. Kim Go Eun was phenomenal.
    <i>Exhuma</i> stands out for its unique blend of supernatural suspense with cultural exploration, though the cultural backdrop might be the very element that makes the film confusing. The film meticulously blends dread, mostly relying on atmosphere and unsettling imagery rather than cheap jump scares. <i>Exhuma</i> is a clever genre entry with a unique twist, whilst the horror elements may not be groundbreaking, the exploration of Korean folklore is noteworthy.
    My first proper Korean horror movie. First half stronger than the second, but overall quite good.
    if you are a non Korean speaker (and know very little about history) - just relying on subtitle you will lost a lot of context.
    Great performances and a cool aesthetic. Kind of a goofy movie. Sometimes the movie was too darkly lit to even see what was going on. Ending was pretty good too!