Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Ghostbusters: Afterlife is a disgrace to the original movie. The jokes are cringy, the the characters are unlikeable (except for Paul Rudd, he was decent), and the plot dumps on the original movie, making the efforts of the characters in the first movie near meaningless, and hitting every generic story beat imaginable. The whole film ditches the feel of the original and tries to take itself too seriously and feels more like Poltergeist (A pit of grotesque demons in a Ghostbusters movie? Really?), yet at the same time, milks nostalgia to the point where everything feels meaningless (while managing to eliminate the charm from the nostalgic things they're milking). As someone who considers the original movie one of their favorites, this movie was a dumpster fire that was painful to finish. I genuinely don't understand why people liked it so much. That's completely okay, I'm happy some people enjoyed it, but that doesn't save it from being one of my least favorite movies I've ever seen. I cannot recommend it.
    A solid, yet very charming sequel. I wasn't the biggest fan of the orignal movies. But I must say, I enjoyed the witty humor and lightheartness of this story. The young actors were great especially the actress who plays Phoebe. Paul Rudd is terrific as usual. The director, whom is the son of the original two films uses his steady hand and guides this sweet and quient story to the finish line.
    Nice transition from old to new crew. Color filter is a little dramatic without spooky ghosts. Wasn't the NYC base a Starbucks?
    Never thought a sequel could be this good! Good storyline, acting, cinematography - funny, endearing.
    Fun and watchable flick. Nice nods the the originals and respected the characters. Good job đź‘Ť.
    I wish it had as much humor as the original, but it definitely had some cool ghost-busting features that the original didn’t have. Also had a solid cast and an interesting story. Good movie, but needed more humor to be truly great. It’s a cool movie though, might even be worth watching more than once.
    It was funny at times. The story is a little all over the place.
    A touching tribute to Harold Ramis. A fun sequel that pays homage to the first two films.
    Plot was great. Didn’t really like the villain because they focused a lot on the main characters which is fine I guess. Characters were okay but I really liked Paul Rudd in this. Didn’t really like the teenage “relationship” it didn’t feel right/ it was forced and no chemistry. I GREW UP with OG ghostbusters so it’s cool to see them revisit the story. I used to watch the first and second movie everyday after I got home from kindergarten. It brings back SOOO MANY memories. I love this franchise. I would recommend to watch this but only if you have seen the first 2. NOTHING can beat the first movie. Plus I love the theme song.
    I enjoyed this movie, but I didn't enjoy it as much on the rewatch. It's a go9d movie to watch once or twice a year