Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Fundamentally Speaking I give it 3.5 but personally I'd give it a 4. While I thought the first was a better movie fundamentally, I had much more fun with this one. The acting in this is ok and filled with lots of characters but the problem is there all one dimensional, forgettable, and loaded with expose. The cinematography is well done in this with the monsters being very well designed especially King Ghidorah who is the coolest he's ever looked. The only issue is really some scenes are oversaturated with CGI and many of the fights its a bit difficult at times to see what's happening like the first because its all at night. The music is better in this one than in the first though it is a bit still on the generic side. The editing and pacing in this are about on par with the first. Though there is fighting much more in this much earlier and lots of fighting at the end, the middle is loaded with expose and forgettable characters that just don't build any tension. You honestly just wanna keep seeing the monsters fight which is awesome especially any scene with Ghidorah. If your a fan of the first one you'll like this one better because of the monster fights being even more in this. Otherwise if you didn't like the first than skip this as well.
    My absolute favorite movie ever
    One of my favorite movies ever that's definitely overhated, do not listen to the critics they are WRONG
    es cool por las estrellas
    I can't see a dang thing. And I'm really sick of "WE HUMANS ARE EVIL BECAUSE WAR/POLLUTION, SO WE SHOULD ALL DIE" antagonists.
    it has some good spectacle and cgi, but overall its just big monsters fighting for 2 hours
    This has a good enough story, but that's not why you watch the movie. The real highlights of this movie are the awesome kaiju battles. From the very first fight with Ghidorah, you can tell this movie has a lot of love put into the fights. I'm not going to get into spoilers here, but, trust me, this is a good movie.
    It was great movie with amazing visuals. The story , action everything was really awesome and engaging.
    Best monsterverse movie and best Godzilla I've ever seen. it has a perfect mixture between good characters and amazing action. I know a lot of people hate the characters in this movie and think that there are too many scenes of theme but i completely disagree. I actually like the characters and i think that there are just as many people scenes as there are monster scenes. Also something that i think this movie accomplished that the first one failed at is that it showed a lot more Godzilla. Overall really great.
    Unlike the first movie, there were too many monsters, too much action and not enough world building and character development.