Godzilla: King of the Monsters

42% Rotten Tomatometer Score42%
  • Godzilla: King of the Monsters delivers spectacular kaiju action -- and reaffirms that cutting-edge effects are still no substitute for a good story.
  • Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Matt CipollaThe Spool
    Each monster, each crash, and each blow are so isolated that the film doesn't feel light on its feet but void of weight instead.
    Julian Lytleidobi.com
    I'll say this is probably going to be one of the best event movies of the year. It succeeds in the scale of what this movie should be and what fans hoped it would be.
    Damian LevyJamaica Gleaner
    Legendary Pictures seems to have heard the outcry of audiences everywhere and have seen fit to produce Godzilla: King of the Monsters, a film that knows no sense of the word 'restraint.'
    Dan TaborPhawker
    Sure it's campy and a bit goofy but it's the right direction for these films and the right audience to target since Godzilla belongs to the monster kids, both young and old.
    M.V. MoorheadPhoenix Magazine
    What matters is if this sequel to the disappointing 2014 American Godzilla gets the monsters right. And for me, it does.
    Aly CavinessMidwest Film Journal
    Sometimes you just have to let go of rooting for the humans and root for the monsters instead.
    Paul McGuire GrimesKSTP-TV
    The monster fights alone are worth seeing on a huge screen. Just don't go looking for a realistic plot or science.
    Chris McCoyMemphis Flyer
    As the puny humans flail, Godzilla, the Cary Grant of giant monsters, emerges with his dignity intact.
  • Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Katie Smith-WongFlick Feast
    Godzilla: God of the Monsters fails to deliver on the promise of an epic monster film.
  • Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Tim CogshellFilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles)
    The sound effects in this movie are extraordinary. That roar that Godzilla does? I gotta tell you that I kind of love that. I might make it the dial tone on my phone.