Halloween Kills

Even though it is the bloodiest and Myers is once again the star of the show, Halloween Kills' faults fall at the hands of its writers, where the dialogue could've been touched up on to not it make so Shakespearean sounding and it's characters could've used some more common sense. Overall while not the absolute worst, it's far from the best.
    Halloween Kills is the second installment in David Gordon Green's trilogy and while I enjoyed this movie for the most part, there are some problems I had with it but I will start with the things I like. First and foremost, John Carpenter's score is incredible. That's nothing new, he always does a great job scoring films. I absolutely love James Jude Courtney's portrayal of Michael Myers. He is brutal and unforgiving in this movie. This movie is called Halloween KILLS for a reason. There are a ton of kills and they are gruesome. I usually like to see a more subtle Michael Myers, one that lingers in the background and shadows but watching him decimate an entire town was great. There's is a bit of that stalking element that I enjoy. One scene is particular involving Lindsey Wallace is full of tension and it felt like a throwback to the original Halloween. There is another "throwback" and that is the 1978 flashback. For me, it's the best part of this movie. It really felt like we were back in John Carpenter's world. A few things I didn't like were the legacy characters. It was nice to see them on screen after all these years but I just don't think it was needed. Anthony Michael Hall as Tommy Doyle was good with what he was given but he was also given some of the worse dialog I've ever heard. EVIL DIES TONIGHT is something this film could have said once or twice but it's littered throughout the movie and it becomes annoying. Halloween Kills is about what mob mentality can do to an already broken town. Does evil ever really die though?
    It's rather generic and pretty boring. The ending was very meh. The best parts are flashback scenes of Halloween 1978. The opening scene is better than some others within the franchise. *cough cough* The Curse of Michael Meyers, I'm talking to you.
    Most people need to get their heads out of their *****. This film is a lot of fun.
    Well i do not know about you but i thoughrly enjoyed the movie just because of the Beijing and the poor guy.
    Pure tripe. Awful. They are just slapping these together with no thought anymore. They know everyone will want to see the next β€œHalloween” movie. Sad. Because the last one was alright. But this was absolutely terrible. No more.
    The movie is alright. I like the kills with more gore but the movie is filled with good ideas and bad ideas.
    πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©
    Overall, this is a worthy sequel to the popular horror franchise.Β  The film takes big risks relating to its plot and general direction, and while I found this admirable, some of the directions worked well and others not as much.Β  Nevertheless, Halloween fans will be very pleased as the film is loaded with horrific violence, shocking kills, pleasing flashbacks and returning characters.Β  Fans of the series will certainly enjoy seeing the boogeyman once again kill on screen.
    This movie was still good compared to 2018 but it was just more for entertainment rather than a quality Halloween movie. It is definitely worth watching tho