Handling the Undead

Slow paced look into how 3 families feel when their recently deceased loved one comes back to life...kinda. It's horror, not in the sense that it's scary to watch, but more so scary to think about. The reanimated are slow and look smelly.
    arrogant, pretentious and dull. way too far 'up its own butt' and too concerned with turning every scene into an art shoot. pacing, plot and character development suffer needlessly. ultimately not worth the patience it requires to sit through it.
    A carefully crafted meditation on grief through the lens of a zombie apocalypse. The action is a slow burn; intentional in its pacing crafting a contemplative examination of how loss and grief destroys characters from the inside out. Beginning with a careful assessment of how characters engage with their newly resurrected loved ones, we watch as their bereavement is not rectified but merely given a corporeal focus. The brief moments of actual body horror effectively juxtapose the serene, luscious cinematography and gentle orchestral soundtrack. With the dawning realisation that the returned undead are not passive, reanimated cadavers but something more insidious entirely serves as a nuanced expression of how grief and loss can either eat you alive or ultimately set you free. However you want to view this, it serves as a well executed reimagining of the zombie trope. Not for everyone but definitely worth the effort.
    I will never understand why I watch someone's teeth brushing at all. I can say many things, but as a wanna-be filmmaker, I don't want to be disrespectful, so I will stfu and just say the movie is not my cup of tea.
    God-awful. Probably the slowest film we've ever watched. The director is in love with the slow-pan of the camera. Just horrible...all of it.
    I did not consider this Horror, it was more like a tragic drama with zombie like dead people. Slow paced with a focus on emotions instead of dialogue.
    Handling the Undead's got a great execution and amazing acting, but the all movie overly depends on the audience to feel emotions for characters who don't have enough screen time to actually allow that. The movie would be much better if it had 30 more min at the start to actually get to know the characters better and to feel for them
    Pace was not unbearably slow, and thankfully, dialog kept to minimum. But just as the suspense was eerily climbing….the end? WHAT?! I liked that this was not another typical zombie movie, but I think the movie is unfinished.
    Really enjoyed the movie as a whole. I started getting a bit nervous as the movie was moving along. Every scene felt like it was stacked on top of the last. So, it was working towards all bad or all good. I thought where it landed was perfectly fine. Very light on dialogue. But, it was definitely the intention.
    If “slow is smooth”, and “smooth is fast”, then you can call this an epic. Zombies were loved once upon a time, weren’t they?