Harriet

Deserves more attention
    Had me on the edge of my seat. Cynthia Erivo plays the part of Harriet Tubman brilliantly.
    Story that needs to be told but found this production poorly done. Was so excited to see this but the acting and directing was underwhelming. Would watch another production any time hoping it would do this amazing woman's story justice.
    Excellent Biography of Harriet Tubman that doesn't shy away from the Christian part of her Character.
    Not sure why anyone likes this film. It's poorly acted, the plot is loose and incongruous. It's too long and essentially goes nowhere. Characters are introduced and then abandoned. Not a good movie and even the history it tries to recreate is ignored.
    A tale of hope and unwavering courage of one of America's most revered hero's. A must see.
    It’s a good movie but I feel that better directing could have lead to more dramatic performances. I got tired of seeing people trip over stumps in the woods. There are probably documented accounts of more treacherous challenges than stumps. It was way to happy ending orientated rather than build on the reality of the hardships these folks endured. This production felt more Hallmark movie than major epic. The gravity of escaping human indignity was lost in expected self congratulation of the movie rather than make it the best movie it could be.
    Despite the best efforts of a career-best display of acting from Cynthia Erivo, Harriet falls well short of giving the credit deserved to its subject. The screenplay is written to cover a lengthy timeframe of the protagonists life, but lazily and disappointingly without going into any depth to truly chronicle her challenges and triumphs and take us along on that journey. This is one movie I actually hope is remade, and remade with real purpose and in better quality, someday.
    What a poorly written movie. So full of melodrama when just the facts would have been enough. I'd rather have watched with no talking and just learned the history . So many inconsistencies, such as using modern idiomatic language and phrasing that doesn't fit with the time period. Throwing in, rather gratuitously, using the "N" word every so often.
    Harriet Tubman was truly instrumental in helping slaves seek freedom. This high budget movie portrays her in a fictional way not in touch with reality. Kasi Lemmons film is just another remake of so many underground railroad films nothing new. On the reality level somewhat better than Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter.