Here Today

This movie was actually very sweet and has quite a few moments that make you teary eyed . A real feel good movie
    I'm not going to be too harsh to say it was a waste of time but it was quite disappointing to be honest. The acting was off, it wasn't funny or that emotional and the story was lame as well.
    4 stars, mostly thanks to Billy Crystal's fine performance. If you can get past the first 15 minutes - it get MUCH better! Anyone who has a loved one with dementia will appreciate this film.
    I loved it! So touching and warm hearted. An unlikely match makes for true friendship. A sensitive subject matter handled with care.
    I'm a fan of Billy Crystal and never heard of this movie. At first, I wasn't sure where it was headed as I expected a comedy and it was clearly a drama. The connection between Tiffany and Billy was a bit hard to believe, but, they had chemistry in the movie and both did a great job acting. The story was original and scored on all the right emotions. I guess the lesson is the same. Don't work too much, your family is number one, and life is short. Laugh as much as possible.
    What a dynamic duo. I haven't laughed so much in a movie in a long time, Hope Haddish and Crystal do another movie together. Sweet, heartwarming, poignant and I don't remember a single swearword. Great humor. Will watch again.
    Great movie! Sad and cute and funny!
    Billy Crystal shows how in touch he is with real life and feelings, dealing with a sensitive subject in a viewable way. I note some professional critics immediately dismiss the film - perhaps they just see too many; the actual audience score is very high. I'm sure it will also change some lives for the better, with its poignant nudges
    Billy Crystal's first directorial venture in 20 years joins a gamut of recent films examining dementia (e.g. The Father, Supernova) but tackles it from a more comedic angle. The film follows veteran comedy writer Charlie Burnz (Crystal) whose memory is starting to deteriorate due to the early stages of dementia. After a chance meeting, he forms a friendship with a lounge singer named Emma (Tiffany Haddish) who helps him make peace with his situation and repair the fractured relationship he shares with his children. The film has a rocky start - the comedy and jokes don't land particularly well and Tiffany Haddish's character is egregiously irritating - but it manages to stabilise itself around the half hour mark and endear itself to its audience. The relationship and dynamic between Crystal and Haddish is the highlight of the film and the two possess a wonderful unforced chemistry that is likely a result of their real-life friendship. However, I feel that excluding Crystal's character, the characters in the film are noticeably underwritten and hard to connect with. Even Haddish's character Emma who plays a major role in the film had an underdeveloped backstory that felt frustratingly unexplored, and Crystal's children Rex and Francine never felt like more than two-dimensional cut-outs. Another issue is definitely the length of the film. Around the 90 minute mark you start to wonder how there is still around half an hour left to go, and some trimming here and there of extraneous material would have definitely helped the pacing and make it feel a bit less of a slog towards the end. Overall, despite some clear flaws, Here Today manages to be a highly heart-warming affair, and recognises how to tug on your heartstrings in just the right way. I'd recommend it, it's a nice little film, but one that you'll probably never have the urge to watch again.
    What a great movie! I love Billy Crystal and that’s why I got it, and I’ll tell you what it is just a fabulous movie with a great storyline I’m very heartwarming!