How It Ends

Rating: B- "How It Ends is an inoffensive, light, entertaining character-study that ultimately accomplishes its goal of being a fun introspection on the protagonist's life. With the use of a generic plot device, Daryl Wein and Zoe Lister-Jones create a simple yet repetitive narrative featuring dozens of famous cameos in a non-stop sequence of walking in the middle of an empty street until a new character shows up to offer yet another funny moment. Nevertheless, it contains more heart and soul than what's at the surface. Lister-Jones and Cailee Spaeny carry and elevate the entire movie on their shoulders, delivering two impressive performances that I just couldn't take my eyes off. Despite the obvious tendency to be just an amusing, innocent film, the main character is someone everyone can relate to, which definitely makes the movie much more compelling. Doing something that people regret later is an inevitability of life, but making amends with it shouldn't be left to an extreme chance or to the very last moment when everything is about to end… and this is a message I can get behind."
    I made it to 22 minutes. The end of the world is just a background excuse for extremely annoying people to walk around the hollywood hills musing on their uninteresting and unrelatable "problems". Don't know how it made it to the % it did, it has no redeeming features
    This was a surprisingly good little small comedy. Zoe Lister-Jones was good as usual, and the cast of weird characters encounters were all great! If you enjoy little comedies with dry verbal humor, give it a shot! Some may find it boring but I definitely did not. Well now that I actually made an RT account because Out of Death was just so terrible, I guess I start reviewing movies haha.
    Oh man is this ever bad. You won't make it through the first thirty minutes. Dreadfully stupid and unfunny.
    I paid to stream "How It Ends" even though the review I read advised to wait until it was free. I'm not mad about it. I actually really liked this movie. I think this movie will be one that people either, get and love, or don't at all and hate. I guess I got it. Even though the majority of this film is kind of light and quirky, there are some really poignant moment's and conversations in it that I very much resonated with. Especially between Liza and her younger self. Along with some very funny moments, especially if end of world sarcasm type of humor is your thing. After the last year and a half, I feel like this was a film that we all needed.
    She wears acid washed mom jeans through the entire movie. I just can't.
    Loved it! So many stars and such a fun, random story about the last day on earth.
    How It Ends felt like it never ended, drifting from one meaningless conversation to another, Zoe Lister Jones makes the end of the world one where everything is very surreal for its own good, and a pretty long chore to get though.
    I liked this movie. I guess I got it. lol
    I really enjoyed this movie much more than I thought I would based on so-so reviews by some "experts". Unique, funny, touching, great soundtrack. A commentary on how people are feeling in this strange time. Brave choices by the creators led to a nice experience.